Sponsored

Snow Trip and then this happened: " Motor Fault Detected, System Fault Detected, Electrical Hazard Detected "

Milo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Hey Guys, just wanted to share this:

This pass weekend, we took a trip to Truckee, CA. All was great heading up, no issues, loved driving the truck. On the way to Truckee, we decided to stop at the Rivian charging station, on the station screen, it was showing free charging, that was nice.

On the way home, all was great, until we decided to get lunch in Roseville, CA. As I pull up at the parking lot that’s when the turtle, and motor, warning icons pop up, with notifications “motor fault”, “system fault”, and electrical hazard.

Freaking out, I reached out to Roadside Assistance, and walk me thru hard reset, and screenshot the diagnostic, so the tech. Can see the faults. After the hard reset, the “electrical hazard”, was still showing in the notification. Next step was for the truck to sleep, 30 mins, without interruption, Bluetooth off the phone.

After 30 mins, turned on the phone Bluetooth and check the truck, notification was no longer showing, we decided to drive 8 miles and charge again at the Rivian FastCharger. Notification for Electrical Hazard didn’t show up on the screen. No issues on the way home.

But, I have an appointment this Thursday to have the service center check out the notification. It has been raining, and once we got up above 6000 feet it started to snow, I’m worried about the “Electrical Hazard Possible”, did water get inside the motor? That’s why it pop up for Electrical Hazard?

Has anyone had his issues before?
Rivian R1T R1S Snow Trip and then this happened: " Motor Fault Detected, System Fault Detected, Electrical Hazard Detected " E17FD005-B09C-4956-9F4D-E36513D98BD0

Rivian R1T R1S Snow Trip and then this happened: " Motor Fault Detected, System Fault Detected, Electrical Hazard Detected " 05A5AD54-5206-4156-9F3B-BD3D27C6FE5F

Rivian R1T R1S Snow Trip and then this happened: " Motor Fault Detected, System Fault Detected, Electrical Hazard Detected " 686B4972-99E3-4BB3-82C6-01F89212C38D
Sponsored

Supraman16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Supra TT, Lexus ISF, Forester XT, Odyssey
Occupation
Professional
The Motor Fault Detected code came up on my truck also this morning. I called customer service and did a system reset which cleared the code. No issues up till now. I wonder if it's related to the recent update?

C.R. Rivian

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Niro EV...R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
retired
Hey Guys, just wanted to share this:

This pass weekend, we took a trip to Truckee, CA. All was great heading up, no issues, loved driving the truck. On the way to Truckee, we decided to stop at the Rivian charging station, on the station screen, it was showing free charging, that was nice.

On the way home, all was great, until we decided to get lunch in Roseville, CA. As I pull up at the parking lot that’s when the turtle, and motor, warning icons pop up, with notifications “motor fault”, “system fault”, and electrical hazard.

Freaking out, I reached out to Roadside Assistance, and walk me thru hard reset, and screenshot the diagnostic, so the tech. Can see the faults. After the hard reset, the “electrical hazard”, was still showing in the notification. Next step was for the truck to sleep, 30 mins, without interruption, Bluetooth off the phone.

After 30 mins, turned on the phone Bluetooth and check the truck, notification was no longer showing, we decided to drive 8 miles and charge again at the Rivian FastCharger. Notification for Electrical Hazard didn’t show up on the screen. No issues on the way home.

But, I have an appointment this Thursday to have the service center check out the notification. It has been raining, and once we got up above 6000 feet it started to snow, I’m worried about the “Electrical Hazard Possible”, did water get inside the motor? That’s why it pop up for Electrical Hazard?

Has anyone had his issues before?
E17FD005-B09C-4956-9F4D-E36513D98BD0.jpeg

05A5AD54-5206-4156-9F3B-BD3D27C6FE5F.jpeg

686B4972-99E3-4BB3-82C6-01F89212C38D.jpeg
There have been issues with some truck (mine, too) where the windshield wiper motor was hitting/causing faults in an electrical wiring harness. That could give you those warnings. There's a thread or two somewhere on this forum about that. Something you might mention...my initial post: Multiple service issues / error messages | Rivian Forums - R1T R1S R2 Owners, News, Discussions, RIVN Stock

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

There have been issues with some truck (mine, too) where the windshield wiper motor was hitting/causing faults in an electrical wiring harness. That could give you those warnings. There's a thread or two somewhere on this forum about that. Something you might mention...my initial post: Multiple service issues / error messages | Rivian Forums - R1T R1S R2 Owners, News, Discussions, RIVN Stock
There's a recall for a wiring cowl up there, mine was inspected during last service and found okay. Maybe yours isn't

C.R. Rivian

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Niro EV...R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
retired
There's a recall for a wiring cowl up there, mine was inspected during last service and found okay. Maybe yours isn't
They caught mine before the general recall, but thinking there may be some trucks out there with the same or similar issue.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Milo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I am more concerned why the electrical hazard possible notification pop up. It came up when I exited the freeway and on the stop light. Did water get inside the drive motor? And plus on the notification, it says “Avoid Driving Through Water”, that’s a concern for me.

I dropped the truck off the Service Center yesterday, and the service advisor mentioned the front drive motor was ordered, maybe when I called the roadside assistance and asked me to take a snapshot of the vehicle diagnostic, he probably saw something that was a concern. Why would they order the front drive unit? Is the drive unit the same as rear?
Service center will update me on Monday.

OP
OP

Milo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Update: The service center will replace the drive unit, after Rivian engineers look into the issues, they have decided and recommended the service center to replace the driver unit. Another week without the vehicle.
Sponsored