Status
Not open for further replies.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

did you originally have an R1T and switched to an R1S?

Thedude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
That seems weird. The R1T shop was all completed or soon to be completed vehicles.You simply chose an exact truck from what was offered. They all already had VINs and the configuration of them was fixed and could not be changed.

OP
OP
Bee

Bee

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 F150 Lightning, '23 Ioniq 5
That seems weird. The R1T shop was all completed or soon to be completed vehicles.You simply chose an exact truck from what was offered. They all already had VINs and the configuration of them was fixed and could not be changed.
There's nothing on there, so who knows, maybe it's something they just started? To be clear, I confirmed my config, not an R1S selection on the shop.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bee

Bee

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
If I say how I did it I think it's easily replicated which would mean it would be ruined pretty quickly and also probably ruin it for myself. Then there's also the fact that we'd be jumping the line, not even sure I feel great about that even if it wasn't intentional.

Really not sure what to do with this info. Apologies for being cryptic, hah. It's not an exploit if you do it by accident, but it certainly would be if you did it on purpose. Frankly I'm surprised I'm the first person who found it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bee

Bee

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
seriously. wtf does "maybe" mean. if you dont know, no one does.
To be fair I originally thought I stumbled upon a bug and was trying to figure out what was going on and thought it would have been good for a laugh. I had no idea I was actually getting in here.

Frankly I still don't understand the R1S store and how I'm the only person to have access to it.

I'll just say it was done for me, I didn't do anything.

Reactions: Rad

Sponsored

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
so you actively did *something* ? there's very little to do on these websites. all sounds weird and makes no sense tbh.

your gatekeeping is a little weird also, because you're doing some mental gymnastics to convince yourself your accident relieves you of any moral responsibility of "exploring" the bug you found since you've got lots of opportunity to let rivian know and not go through with the purchase.

OP
OP
Bee

Bee

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
so you actively did *something* ? there's very little to do on these websites. all sounds weird and makes no sense tbh.

your gatekeeping is a little weird also, because you're doing some mental gymnastics to convince yourself your accident relieves you of any moral responsibility of "exploring" the bug you found since you've got lots of opportunity to let rivian know and not go through with the purchase.
No, I'm saying it was done for me.

Not gonna lie, I kind of wish I didn't start this thread, already got PMs.

I was way to fast on the draw with the R1S store not even thinking I could have been up for real hah.

OP
OP
Bee

Bee

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Forgive the double post, but to be honest I'm not even sure what really happened. For all I know if someone replicated exactly what I did it wouldn't work and the person who did the thing at Rivian made a really awesome error in my favor.

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
lol.

"it was done for me"
"what i did"

Status
Not open for further replies.