Sponsored
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thedude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Just spit it out and stop beating around the bush. I think you know itā€™s wrong that you got to skip the line but donā€™t want to tell anybody how it happened so that Rivian doesnā€™t catch on and out you back where you belong.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

To be fair I originally thought I stumbled upon a bug and was trying to figure out what was going on and thought it would have been good for a laugh. I had no idea I was actually getting in here.

Frankly I still don't understand the R1S store and how I'm the only person to have access to it.

I'll just say it was done for me, I didn't do anything.
so did you switch between the R1T and R1S or vice-versa at any point? simple answer

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Wait, so you're saying I legit have access to the R1S shop right now? One exists and I can buy from it? With a 1/22 Pre-order? This does not sound right.
Lottery winner

Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Order date is 1/22, it says esitimating for delivery, confirmed this:

1670015782839.png

Edit: And I have a guide.
Congratulations!!!! Bee for Mayor!!!!

OP
OP
Bee

Bee

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 F150 Lightning, '23 Ioniq 5
I tell ya what I'll say exactly what I did when I either end up with an R1S or a "wait till 2024, bitch" end.

Edit: NM people are kind of nutty on this issue. Mum is the word on how it happened, not gonna be the center of any drama (at least not beyond this thread)

Last edited:

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
[]

Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

If I say how I did it I think it's easily replicated which would mean it would be ruined pretty quickly and also probably ruin it for myself. Then there's also the fact that we'd be jumping the line, not even sure I feel great about that even if it wasn't intentional.

Really not sure what to do with this info. Apologies for being cryptic, hah. It's not an exploit if you do it by accident, but it certainly would be if you did it on purpose. Frankly I'm surprised I'm the first person who found it.
Stay strong....

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Just spit it out and stop beating around the bush. I think you know itā€™s wrong that you got to skip the line but donā€™t want to tell anybody how it happened so that Rivian doesnā€™t catch on and out you back where you belong.
Let the man enjoy his moment

popoga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG R1T, '18 Impreza, '10 Triumph Bonneville
Occupation
Potato Farmer
Clubs

I was 11/21 and swapped to an R1T to guarantee 2022 delivery, would have been cool to get the S with tax rebate, but eh.

Happy for you, but probably you should let them know about the bug. There's enough info out there just with what you've said so far for people to start poking at the site and potentially taking advantage of it.

I guess the engineers can go log spelunking and figure out who did what, but you're mostly creating havoc and headaches.

I think I might have just been quiet and taken the R1S :) and I suspect others may have done so already before you.

OP
OP
Bee

Bee

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 F150 Lightning, '23 Ioniq 5
I was 11/21 and swapped to an R1T to guarantee 2022 delivery, would have been cool to get the S with tax rebate, but eh.

Happy for you, but probably you should let them know about the bug. There's enough info out there just with what you've said so far for people to start poking at the site and potentially taking advantage of it.

I guess the engineers can go log spelunking and figure out who did what, but you're mostly creating havoc and headaches.

I think I might have just been quiet and taken the R1S :) and I suspect others may have done so already before you.
That would be silly of people seeing as I've specifically stated it's nothing I did personally. They'd have to figure out exactly what I did and replicate that with an employee at Rivian. Even then now that I think about it, the person likely made a mistake.

To be honest only a handful of people would be able to do it to begin with even if it was repeatable. It would be very timing-based.

Likely anyone who does try and figure this out, won't as there's not much to figure out. I think if it wasn't a Rivian employee mistake it would have happened before and we would have heard about it by now to be honest.

I'll share when I find out what happens, it's really not a big deal nor is anyone changing any code or hacking Rivian's databases or anything.

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
ā€¦and to think I cut the line the old fashioned way by sweet talking css and my guide (twice). Jeez.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.