Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Now if you got them to put a max pack into production, I would be impressed.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bee

Bee

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 F150 Lightning, '23 Ioniq 5
Now if you got them to put a max pack into production, I would be impressed.
Sure I'll do exactly what I did before which was nothing special beyond anything anyone else would do here potentially in the normal course of ordering an R1.

I really think I just got lucky with a Rivian mistake. Super stoked though and nervous that they'll catch me somehow hah.

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
My wife had a May ā€˜21 R1S reservation and I managed to get her R1S upgraded to a LE and take delivery last month; in spite of her having a second half of 23 delivery window and not having a guide.

Without going into details, I worked through my R1T guide. They have more leeway to make things happen than is generally known as long as there is unallocated inventory and youā€™re flexible. I had to fly cross country and drive it back.

That said, donā€™t be dicks. Be exceptionally nice to people at all times and donā€™t harass anyone and maybe youā€™ll get lucky like we did.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
My wife had a May ā€˜21 R1S reservation and I managed to get her R1S upgraded to a LE and take delivery last month; in spite of her having a second half of 23 delivery window and not having a guide.

Without going into details, I worked through my R1T guide. They have more leeway to make things happen than is generally known as long as there is unallocated inventory and youā€™re flexible. I had to fly cross country and drive it back.

That said, donā€™t be dicks. Be exceptionally nice to people at all times and donā€™t harass anyone and maybe youā€™ll get lucky like we did.
Already having the R1T probably helped. Iā€™ve also gotten some pretty great service from Rivian and continue to do so because of being nice. I think they for sure remember the people who are nice to them and are willing to go above and beyond for them.

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
Already having the R1T probably helped. Iā€™ve also gotten some pretty great service from Rivian and continue to do so because of being nice. I think they for sure remember the people who are nice to them and are willing to go above and beyond for them.
Absolutely. You will get nowhere trying to Karen Rivian. Tip your guides folks when they do you a solid. ;)

Sponsored

Mygrain

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 IONIQ 5, '23 R1S quad, many Deeres
Occupation
grain farmer, ex-Honda factory engineer
Clubs

Notwithstanding whatever the OP did or didn't do, isn't it time for the R1 shop to begin offering R1Ss?

Look back at the R1T timeline and Rivian's methods for moving cancelled/excess/unallocated vehicles. First we had guides contacting seemingly random R1Tpreorder holders. Then came the R1 shop.

How is Rivian currently moving their "unallocated" R1Ss?

Would I sacrifice my membership in the 4-year-wait club if Rivian offered something s00ner??? I dunno .....

superdavePA

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Tesla Y / '22 R1S / Harley Ultra
Occupation
Engineer
OP...
Rivian R1T R1S So I have access to the R1S Shop... ordered & configuration confirmed shovel

OP
OP
Bee

Bee

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

It's entirely plausible based on my conversation this dude, he went ahead and did something nice for me. I'll text on Monday and get more info. Perhaps they're making exceptions for us people getting 1 of each? Discretion of the guides? Who knows.

Like I said, it's not going to be everyone who is going to be able to bump up like this. It takes both timing and circumstance and then doing a specific thing in my case + whatever magic on the other side I can't account for.

If it is something like, "You're getting 2 so we're acknowledging your repeat business" then bravo on the turnaround going from random people getting in front + press people to a system that actually makes sense.

Rally1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, VS30, LR4, LR3
Every post you make reduces your chance (earned or not) to get the R1S early.

Iā€™d say by now your chances are slim, which Is better than none, but not as good as yesterday morning before you posted.

Sponsored

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜22 Ioniq 5, ā€˜78 Jeep Wagoneer

Iā€™d say by now your chances are slim, which Is better than none, but not as good as yesterday morning before you posted.
Rivian R1T R1S So I have access to the R1S Shop... ordered & configuration confirmed 5AC25F4C-40E9-4D84-AEC4-61626BFAD8D2

OP
OP
Bee

Bee

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Honestly man, whatever. I cannot overstate I never intended to cut a line. I'm not going to get my emotions all tied in a knot over something I'm not entitled to to begin with. I never intended to come on here and brag about anything.

Literally this whole thread when I started it I thought it was a bug I was just the first person experience. I don't consider any of it shame on me.

Frankly I'd think said Rivian employee (if they're even reading this, which I doubt) is probably appreciative I'm being respectful of their role and identity and not looking air out what happened or them publicly.

On the off chance you are reading this, Michael (kidding, kidding) thanks for looking at my personal situation and making the adjustment. Much appreciated. If it was a mistake, I promise not to tell your boss, either ;)

Here's to seeing what happen!

tk21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Military
Clubs

RivianNowPlz

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco, Tesla
How do you see if you have access to the store? I havenā€™t been keeping up with it.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.