Status
Not open for further replies.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

It's entirely plausible based on my conversation this dude, he went ahead and did something nice for me. I'll text on Monday and get more info. Perhaps they're making exceptions for us people getting 1 of each? Discretion of the guides? Who knows.

Like I said, it's not going to be everyone who is going to be able to bump up like this. It takes both timing and circumstance and then doing a specific thing in my case + whatever magic on the other side I can't account for.

If it is something like, "You're getting 2 so we're acknowledging your repeat business" then bravo on the turnaround going from random people getting in front + press people to a system that actually makes sense.
in either case its BS in my opinion. just because you order two, doesn't mean you should get to cut the line. id be pretty pissed if that were true. but we'll probably never know exactly why. and to be clear, not blaming or hating on OP, its all on Rivian.

and why people can still game the system by going through guides, still baffles me. i thought creating the Shop was how Rivian was going to mitigate the "Rivian Lottery" but sounds like its still happening.
Sponsored

mike813

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S GW/OC/20 | 2020 Tesla Model Y
Clubs

Honestly man, whatever. I cannot overstate I never intended to cut a line. I'm not going to get my emotions all tied in a knot over something I'm not entitled to to begin with. I never intended to come on here and brag about anything.

Literally this whole thread when I started it I thought it was a bug I was just the first person experience. I don't consider any of it shame on me.

Frankly I'd think said Rivian employee (if they're even reading this, which I doubt) is probably appreciative I'm being respectful of their role and identity and not looking air out what happened or them publicly.

On the off chance you are reading this, Michael (kidding, kidding) thanks for looking at my personal situation and making the adjustment. Much appreciated. If it was a mistake, I promise not to tell your boss, either ;)

Here's to seeing what happen!
I'm happy for you, back door it away if possible! The more deliveries Rivian can get out this month the better. My guide (assigned two weeks ago) has my name on a truck with my exact config in production for delivery probably late January but is trying to help me find one with a similar config that I can get this month. I've offered to fly to Normal or travel to another SC if possible (I would really like the $7500 tax credit). My suggestion is to just be patient until guides are assigned, checking in with CS via chat every few weeks. And then once that guild assignment or config confirm email comes, politely share your thoughts on potential config and delivery options with your guide.

Reactions: Bee
OP
OP
Bee

Bee

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 F150 Lightning, '23 Ioniq 5
in either case its BS in my opinion. just because you order two, doesn't mean you should get to cut the line. id be pretty pissed if that were true. but we'll probably never know exactly why. and to be clear, not blaming or hating on OP, its all on Rivian.

and why people can still game the system by going through guides, still baffles me. i thought creating the Shop was how Rivian was going to mitigate the "Rivian Lottery" but sounds like its still happening.
You don't even know what happened. Maybe if you did you'd be happy to know you're buying into a company that will take care of you. This isn't random, wanton distribution we had early on. What if they do surf these forums and all this thread has done is make it so your future customer service is worse?

I would not be concerned here. I think you have PTSD from the R1T launch.

OP
OP
Bee

Bee

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm going to go off on a rant here, I was just driving home in my Bolt and I was thinking the hell I went through with the recall, took over a year for them to swap the car out. It was bureaucratic hell.

Isn't this the car company we want? The one who can one-off make things happen based on your personal situation?

This wasn't a hundred cars going out to the press or a thousand cars going to the most convenient customers because of early disorganization or whatever. This was either a guide making a mistake or a guide reaching into his pocket of tools to make a customer happy in a specific situation.

Which one of those scenarios are ya'll getting rip roaring upset over? Because I tell you what, it ends with Rivian employees being less enabled to help you personally when your ticket comes up.

I've naively walked into drama before but this takes the cake, I just keep thinking back to that I really thought I was just posting about an R1S shop that didn't exist yet that I got accidentally flagged for. If I was trying to get secret R1Ss and jump the line I'd have kept my mouth shut.

Also, I can't believe you guys actually think there's someone at Rivian who is monitoring this thread, trying to figure out if the details on this thread are real, trying to identify my name and location to a reservation and then personally intervening to overrule whatever the woman did.

Good customer service means getting something you probably didn't deserve in a sign of appreciation from a company to establish a relationship of trust. If Rivian burns through 300 cars this way between now and you and you need to wait an additional week or whatever, are you really saying you want the alternative?

Because I'm driving the mainstream alternative. It sucks. I got a brand new Bolt in the driveway that was a pretty decent financial windfall but I'm seething about the process because I was dealing with third party CS who wasn't enabled to do crap.

I'm happy to be buying into the alternative where they drive to my house to tighten a literal bolt rather than waiting over a year to be able to use my brand new EV over 80% for my other... um, I guess literal Bolt too.

So thanks to my guide, if that was on purpose and you were doing something for my situation. I will not be talking about any of the details here because of what I see are obvious reasons. If you made a mistake, please feel free to explain that to me and I'll accept a correction as well. Really, I'm talking to a wall because you guys are nuts and these people go home at night to their families nor is there some internal affairs division monitoring guides for how they meter out whatever allocation of R1Ss they're allowed to use for these purposes that also monitors social media and internet forums.

Truly sorry I ever made this thread lol!

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I'm going to go off on a rant here, I was just driving home in my Bolt and I was thinking the hell I went through with the recall, took over a year for them to swap the car out. It was bureaucratic hell.

Isn't this the car company we want? The one who can one-off make things happen based on your personal situation?

This wasn't a hundred cars going out to the press or a thousand cars going to the most convenient customers because of early disorganization or whatever. This was either a guide making a mistake or a guide reaching into his pocket of tools to make a customer happy in a specific situation.

Which one of those scenarios are ya'll getting rip roaring upset over? Because I tell you what, it ends with Rivian employees being less enabled to help you personally when your ticket comes up.

I've naively walked into drama before but this takes the cake, I just keep thinking back to that I really thought I was just posting about an R1S shop that didn't exist yet that I got accidentally flagged for. If I was trying to get secret R1Ss and jump the line I'd have kept my mouth shut.

Also, I can't believe you guys actually think there's someone at Rivian who is monitoring this thread, trying to figure out if the details on this thread are real, trying to identify my name and location to a reservation and then personally intervening to overrule whatever the woman did.

Good customer service means getting something you probably didn't deserve in a sign of appreciation from a company to establish a relationship of trust. If Rivian burns through 300 cars this way between now and you and you need to wait an additional week or whatever, are you really saying you want the alternative?

Because I'm driving the mainstream alternative. It sucks. I got a brand new Bolt in the driveway that was a pretty decent financial windfall but I'm seething about the process because I was dealing with third party CS who wasn't enabled to do crap.

I'm happy to be buying into the alternative where they drive to my house to tighten a literal bolt rather than waiting over a year to be able to use my brand new EV over 80% for my other... um, I guess literal Bolt too.

So thanks to my guide, if that was on purpose and you were doing something for my situation. I will not be talking about any of the details here because of what I see are obvious reasons. If you made a mistake, please feel free to explain that to me and I'll accept a correction as well. Really, I'm talking to a wall because you guys are nuts and these people go home at night to their families nor is there some internal affairs division monitoring guides for how they meter out whatever allocation of R1Ss they're allowed to use for these purposes that also monitors social media and internet forums.

Truly sorry I ever made this thread lol!
People are just salty. Glad it seems like your guide is helping you out.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bee

Bee

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
People are just salty. Glad it seems like your guide is helping you out.
The craziest part about this thread is we don't even know that I'm getting an R1S. For all we know the processing estimate is going to flip to 2024. I didn't ask to jump the line, they didn't tell me I was jumping the line. We're inferring a ton here and I'm also the only one with all the information making it especially silly. I'll text them on Monday and find out more. Though I'm only ever saying if I do or don't get the R1S, not the details.

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations

You’re free to feel however you want, but my honest to goodness opinion is good for Rivian.

If they can quickly reallocate an orphaned vehicle to someone willing to purchase it where it is; I say have it. Quickly executing deliveries at a bare minimum cost to Rivian is how they are going to succeed.

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
integrity is what you do when no one is looking... posting on a Rivian forum is what you do when you've already decided to game the system

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
BTW, I just got an email that my guide, also named Michael, is no long with Rivian and now Julian is my guide. FWIW

OP
OP
Bee

Bee

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
If they can quickly reallocate an orphaned vehicle
I'm currently confirmed to a custom configuration. The shop was empty.

integrity is what you do when no one is looking... posting on a Rivian forum is what you do when you've already decided to game the system
If I surreptitiously or erroneously got in early, posting on a Rivian forum would be the only way to jeopardize gaming the system that has already been gamed. This could be the dumbest thing anyone has ever said.

BTW, I just got an email that my guide, also named Michael, is no long with Rivian and now Julian is my guide. FWIW
Michael is not his or her name in case you didn't understand that or pick up on the fact that I've interchangeably referred to their gender. Didn't take me long to figure out you guys were part rabid-mob among the what seems like majority civilized people and start being smart. Ok, maybe it did take me longer than it should have.

Sponsored

Curney1

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram truck
Occupation
Self
I can't believe I decided to check the forums after vowing not to do so until I got my r1s that I signed up for over 4 years ago and this is the first article I click on. Oh rivian, how you disappoint me over and over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.