Sponsored

Solid reason for a cargo matt or liner - already broke a piece of the R1S

Ioman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
I was moving some heavy items from the back of my R1S today and one of the items snagged the lip of this cover and ripped it off. Looks like the mounting pins snapped off in their slots. I will need to order another cover. It did not take a lot of force to tear this out, it snagged the right side just right.

Would help a lot of the back was perfectly flat, and this piece had its lip tucked under better. I ordered a Canvasback cover today, I hope that will help. Had to let the wife know to be careful putting luggage, boxes, cargo back there. Pretty easy to catch this lip.

Rivian R1T R1S Solid reason for a cargo matt or liner - already broke a piece of the R1S IMG_7163
Sponsored

epnfrn

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 4S Cab, Acura MDX, Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Physician
I think itā€™s a pretty weak piece. Ours was noticeably broken the day we picked ours up. Iā€™m giving it another week to see if we notice other things before submitting a ticket with all little issues.

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
I think itā€™s a pretty weak piece. Ours was noticeably broken the day we picked ours up. Iā€™m giving it another week to see if we notice other things before submitting a ticket with all little issues.
Not sure about the KC SC but Iā€™d get a service request/appointment asap since it can take a long time. . You can always file more to be added.

OP
OP

Ioman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Filed a ticket last night, guessing it will be a few months before they can get it fixed.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I was moving some heavy items from the back of my R1S today and one of the items snagged the lip of this cover and ripped it off. Looks like the mounting pins snapped off in their slots. I will need to order another cover. It did not take a lot of force to tear this out, it snagged the right side just right.

Would help a lot of the back was perfectly flat, and this piece had its lip tucked under better. I ordered a Canvasback cover today, I hope that will help. Had to let the wife know to be careful putting luggage, boxes, cargo back there. Pretty easy to catch this lip.

IMG_7163.jpg
Pretty sure it was like that since delivery....warranty claim is in order šŸ˜‰

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Who is Cargo Matt?

PappaBolt

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Corvette, 911
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

Iā€™m curious why there are no rear mats available from anyone beside canvasback. Or why Rivian doesnā€™t make a rear mat.

OP
OP

Ioman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Same here, also surprised they do not recommend a cargo box on their site.

NashvilleR1S

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2022 Pilot
Occupation
Cinematography
We just need to bombard weathertech and husky to get them to make one.

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
I'm still disappointed that they dropped the 5-seat option. Now I'm worried about all those extra little panels that I could break!

Anybody started trying to disassemble that third row to see what it looks like without and whether there's a reasonable straightforward way to replace the seats with a bin and floor that are simpler?

Sponsored

Jblaze121

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1S 20" A/T
Clubs

Just installed canvasback yesterday. Not sure it would have prevented your problem but nice to have carpet protection from dog, ski gear, mud, etc

BrianR1S

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5 Sportback, Volvo XC40 Recharge, Tesla M3
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Just installed canvasback yesterday. Not sure it would have prevented your problem but nice to have carpet protection from dog, ski gear, mud, etc
Hi John, I ordered the canvasback liners as well. Can I ask if any of the liners stuck directly to the carpeting, or if you had to use the enclosed adhesive velcro strips? Thanks in advance! Brian

Jblaze121

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1S 20" A/T
Clubs

there are glue strips to attach.
Just donā€™t pull the mats off for a few days to give the adhesive time to set.

Iā€™ve cleaned the mats off enough, glad I have then šŸ˜Š

Hi John, I ordered the canvasback liners as well. Can I ask if any of the liners stuck directly to the carpeting, or if you had to use the enclosed adhesive velcro strips? Thanks in advance! Brian
Sponsored