Reaction score
Website
foof.me
Vehicles
2022 R1S Launch Green
Occupation
DJ
Clubs

I was moving some heavy items from the back of my R1S today and one of the items snagged the lip of this cover and ripped it off. Looks like the mounting pins snapped off in their slots. I will need to order another cover. It did not take a lot of force to tear this out, it snagged the right side just right.

Would help a lot of the back was perfectly flat, and this piece had its lip tucked under better. I ordered a Canvasback cover today, I hope that will help. Had to let the wife know to be careful putting luggage, boxes, cargo back there. Pretty easy to catch this lip.

IMG_7163.jpg
Had mine fixed at service center an a beefier upgraded part was installed
Sponsored

BrianR1S

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5 Sportback, Volvo XC40 Recharge, Tesla M3
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

there are glue strips to attach.
Just don’t pull the mats off for a few days to give the adhesive time to set.

I’ve cleaned the mats off enough, glad I have then 😊
Thank you so much! Just received mine a few days ago, and we pick up our R1S this week! These seemed to be the best overall solution for what our fam needs. Always great to start early! Thanks again for your prompt response!

BestEvMod(AOSK)

Site Sponsor
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I’m curious why there are no rear mats available from anyone beside canvasback. Or why Rivian doesn’t make a rear mat.
We recently scan a R1S(Thank you @SANZC02 ), and we realized we need to make 6 molds if we want to make a full protection cargo liner for the R1S (1 pieces for the trunk surface, two pieces on the tailgate, two pieces on the third row back, and a piece on the flap behind the seat).
This product might end up being a bit costly (guessing 129-139$) since it has six pieces of mats in it. and we are hesitating if we shall even make it, not sure if Owners will buy them at this price point.

Or shall we ignore the seat back protector at this point? and only make three pieces(two on the tailgate, one on the trunk surface.)

other developers might be thinking the same thing as us.

tgo10000

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e, r1t, r1s
We recently scan a R1S(Thank you @SANZC02 ), and we realized we need to make 6 molds if we want to make a full protection cargo liner for the R1S (1 pieces for the trunk surface, two pieces on the tailgate, two pieces on the third row back, and a piece on the flap behind the seat).
This product might end up being a bit costly (guessing 129-139$) since it has six pieces of mats in it. and we are hesitating if we shall even make it, not sure if Owners will buy them at this price point.

Or shall we ignore the seat back protector at this point? and only make three pieces(two on the tailgate, one on the trunk surface.)

I love canvasback. At that price assuming a functioning, quality product I would have definitely considered it and I think a lot of people would with the seat back protector. Would be happy to test one.

Kachook

First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Mustang Mach-E, Odyssey and former iX

So, on the other forum, there was a discussion about this as someone is making one that will cover the back area and the drop-down portion of the tailgate. It will still not cover the back of the third row. However, it probably would have prevented the damage from the original poster. Personally, I would get a cargo liner for that area. The problem for me is that when I get my R1S, the third row will be up half the time until my kids stop fighting on each ride. But, I purchased two different ones for our minivan for that purpose.

Sponsored

BestEvMod(AOSK)

Site Sponsor
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
So, on the other forum, there was a discussion about this as someone is making one that will cover the back area and the drop-down portion of the tailgate. It will still not cover the back of the third row. However, it probably would have prevented the damage from the original poster. Personally, I would get a cargo liner for that area. The problem for me is that when I get my R1S, the third row will be up half the time until my kids stop fighting on each ride. But, I purchased two different ones for our minivan for that purpose.
our current plan is to focus on the cargo liner. we will be making a cargo liner first, and collecting more opinions and designs demand. and we will be making the rest pieces if needed.
We are very worry the case like...we make a fancy design, but it doesn't perform how we expected them

Cactusone

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tacoma Acura RDX corvette
Linerx.com has cargo mats

larrydallas

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus R350, Rivian R1S
our current plan is to focus on the cargo liner. we will be making a cargo liner first, and collecting more opinions and designs demand. and we will be making the rest pieces if needed.
We are very worry the case like...we make a fancy design, but it doesn't perform how we expected them
I think you’ll find quite a bit of interest in a rubberized cargo mat for the back. While 6 pieces would provide the most options, you could theoretically just make 3:

1) Cargo area
2) Bottom half of tailgate
3) Space when 3rd row is down

While not quite as versatile as 6 pieces to accommodate for multiple configurations of the 3rd row being down, I don’t know that a partial coverage for the 3rd row is really necessary in the vast majority of cases.

I scan multiple forums and there appears to be significant demand for a liner that covers the above areas (and no vendor that currently supplies one).

I’m happy to take measurements if needed. Just PM me.

EDIT: I’m not sure you even need to cover the lower half of the tailgate. I think the cargo area + the space when the 3rd row is down are the two key coverage areas.

Last edited:

BestEvMod(AOSK)

Site Sponsor
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I think you’ll find quite a bit of interest in a rubberized cargo mat for the back. While 6 pieces would provide the most options, you could theoretically just make 3:

1) Cargo area
2) Bottom half of tailgate
3) Space when 3rd row is down

While not quite as versatile as 6 pieces to accommodate for multiple configurations of the 3rd row being down, I don’t know that a partial coverage for the 3rd row is really necessary in the vast majority of cases.

I scan multiple forums and there appears to be significant demand for a liner that covers the above areas (and no vendor that currently supplies one).

I’m happy to take measurements if needed. Just PM me.

EDIT: I’m not sure you even need to cover the lower half of the tailgate. I think the cargo area + the space when the 3rd row is down are the two key coverage areas.
Thank you for the info.
this was our initial thought. and we are currently cutting some aluminum and making the mold for the main cargo area.
I will bring this information to my team, thank you
Rivian R1T R1S Solid reason for a cargo matt or liner - already broke a piece of the R1S 2a6736d1b38143776e62e28b12ef98f

Sponsored

fromSf

First Name
m
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus Rx450H, 2023 Genesis GV60
I ordered floor mats from LinerX not the cargo liner. I keep my third row down most of the time so need something that covers third row back.

If you are in Bay Area happy to bring my R1S for measurements.

NineElectrics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I love canvasback. At that price assuming a functioning, quality product I would have definitely considered it and I think a lot of people would with the seat back protector. Would be happy to test one.
I have one on my R1S. It's a good product, but it is way too slippery. The lack of friction causes things to slide around when turning which needn't.

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
I have one on my R1S. It's a good product, but it is way too slippery. The lack of friction causes things to slide around when turning which needn't.
Hmm... that's been my big worry with Canvasback or similar products. My current vehicle's a Q5, and I have a rubber all-weather style tray in the back. My dog could barely keep her footing on that even when she was a 2-year old. I've had a washable wool blanket on top of the all-weather tray, and it's been a good compromise, having both a waterproof layer and one with good friction.

I've had similar issues with super slippery dog hammocks, but have one right now that's from Kurgo which is waterproof, easy to wash, but also has just enough friction to keep things mostly in place, most importantly the now 12 1/2 year old dog.

Oldsmobile_Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG/FE R1T recv'd 3/31/2023
Occupation
I build stuff
Clubs

Anybody started trying to disassemble that third row to see what it looks like without and whether there's a reasonable straightforward way to replace the seats with a bin and floor that are simpler?
As someone who never carries more than one extra person in my truck, I'm still waiting for someone to come out with a good solution like this to replace the back seats in the R1T. May have to get around to doing something like this myself, one of these days. 😉

Rivian R1T R1S Solid reason for a cargo matt or liner - already broke a piece of the R1S 1684860496828

https://www.truckoffice.com/products/

Or something like this:

https://www.truckcampermagazine.com...aximizing-your-trucks-back-seat-storage-area/

Last edited:

Topken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

I sent in q request to WeatherTech to make a cargo mat for the R1S including one for when the 3rd row is down. If more people write in for this item perhaps they will make it?
Sponsored