Speakers stopped working

BuckeyeTruckGuy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini Cooper Clubman S All4; R1T Reservation
I had my R1T delivered this past Fri and the sound system is spectacular. However, this morning (Sun) I went to pick up my friend for a hike and surprise him in my Rivian. To my dismay the speakers no longer worked. I had the volume up and it looked like it was playing and even had the equalizer graphics bumping but no sound what so ever. I tried several times to disconnect my phone to see if that was the issue but no sound. As I was driving to the trailhead he googled my issue and found a post from some other person describing the exact same problem…no sound. I figured I can call Rivian tomorrow.
After a great 9 mile hike in the snow in NE OH, we got back to the truck. I opened the door to throw my backpack in and the music was cranking! It works now as it used to but it’s really strange that it glitched on my drive this morning.
Sponsored

r1t_kev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Crosstrek
Ah - sounds like the old 'unplug it and plug it back in trick' worked again! Hopefully that was a one-off.

stickyfingers

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat, 1974 914
Occupation
Engineer
Ah - sounds like the old 'unplug it and plug it back in trick' worked again! Hopefully that was a one-off.
When all else fails reboot.

bbenoit726

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Software Engineer
I’ve had a similar issue in my (current not Rivian) SUV - it’s like there’s a failed Bluetooth connection between the car and phone, where the system thinks it should be receiving a Bluetooth signal (but isn’t) and therefore can’t play from any other source either. Not sure if that’s the case here, but hopefully something they can work out with software updates if so.

andisimose

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas
I’ve had a similar issue in my (current not Rivian) SUV - it’s like there’s a failed Bluetooth connection between the car and phone, where the system thinks it should be receiving a Bluetooth signal (but isn’t) and therefore can’t play from any other source either. Not sure if that’s the case here, but hopefully something they can work out with software updates if so.
Our Subaru does this almost once a week. You can see it playing, but nothing coming out of the speakers. Restarting the car makes it happy.

Sponsored

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
I have never seen an R1 up close so I am pulling this out of my hat As something to try; Check the portable speaker. If removing it automatically switches to that output and the speaker is set on mute, going over a bump may make the connections lose and another shake may reconnect it. Or May be a secret button somewhere selects the output and it was accidentally hit. I am voting Bluetooth somehow got selected.

ztron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 E-tron, 2022 R1T
I got mine on 3/23/22 and this just happened to me too. I hope it comes back.

bbenoit726

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Software Engineer
Our Subaru does this almost once a week. You can see it playing, but nothing coming out of the speakers. Restarting the car makes it happy.
mine is a Subaru too ? Bluetooth is so messed up in that thing

ja_kub_sz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 LR Discovery, 2019 LR Range Rover Velar
My loner Explorer had that happen (less then a year old).

Stinks... Hope this doesn't become a ongoing issue.

prestapost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 RAM 1500, 2022 Rivian R1T
What was the fix? Mine did this tonight. I got out, locked the truck and walked away, came back a minute later… but it still doesn’t work. Tips appreciated…

Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
What was the fix? Mine did this tonight. I got out, locked the truck and walked away, came back a minute later… but it still doesn’t work. Tips appreciated…
I think they said it takes 15 minutes once you lock it to go to sleep and that should rest it.

Dreamwater

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Suburban Z71, 1977 CJ5, 2011 Infinity M37
Had this happen today so we called service and they had us do a reboot. Hold down both outer buttons on the steering wheel until both screens go black, then release. It takes 10-15 seconds holding the two outermost buttons. Truck should be in park with foot off the brake. The first reboot didn’t work so we did it a second time. It took 3-5 minutes and then everything worked fine. He said if this didn’t work we would need to lock and walk away for about 30 minutes as it goes into sleep mode. He indicated it was a known issue they’re working to resolve.

GPowers

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus ES350, Corvette Z06, Colorado, Smart
Occupation
I do what I want
H
Had this happen today so we called service and they had us do a reboot. Hold down both outer buttons on the steering wheel until both screens go black, then release. It takes 10-15 seconds holding the two outermost buttons. Truck should be in park with foot off the brake. The first reboot didn’t work so we did it a second time. It took 3-5 minutes and then everything worked fine. He said if this didn’t work we would need to lock and walk away for about 30 minutes as it goes into sleep mode. He indicated it was a known issue they’re working to resolve.
Hope this works as all my audio (phone/music/Alexa) stopped working after an OTA update this last Monday (5/23/22). My wife was paranoid to drive the truck because she feared that some critical driving function would FAIL and strand her out on the road. Not good in building confidence with the Rivian Truck.

DannyC

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 RAM 1500, 2022 R1T (soon)
Occupation
Computer Consultant
I know this topic is a bit old but this keeps happening to me. About every week or 2. Sometimes twice a week. I do not allow my truck to sleep as I run the inverter all the time for my cooler. I am letting it go to "sleep" right now to see if that fixes the issue. Was driving all day and at some point the audio just stopped. Everything looks like it is playing, Bluetooth, Alexa, FM radio, all seem fine but no audio.

Typically a infotanment reset does not work and I have to do a full reset with the hazard light button.
Sponsored