First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Model X P90D
Update 2/10/23:

The RAN chargers are online now at Blowing Rock! Pics by @jhelmig

Rivian R1T R1S Spotted: First Rivian RAN Charging Station location on East Coast! - Blowing Rock, NC o1ztzl5w1fha1

Rivian R1T R1S Spotted: First Rivian RAN Charging Station location on East Coast! - Blowing Rock, NC e8vfqovv1fha1

Original post:

First RAN chargers on East Coast!

Spotted by @AudubonDriver in Blowing Rock, NC. He says 6 chargers still wrapped up and not yet installed in place.

Rivian R1T R1S Spotted: First Rivian RAN Charging Station location on East Coast! - Blowing Rock, NC yutd8i6jknga1

Rivian R1T R1S Spotted: First Rivian RAN Charging Station location on East Coast! - Blowing Rock, NC zm3hyh6jknga1
Sponsored

Last edited:

HokieR1T

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T LG/BM/20 AT
curious if cabinets are on location at Charlotte and Henderson which as I recall were two of the earliest locations work began in the area.

ATL_Canes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90; R1T LE (Delivered April 2022)
curious if cabinets are on location at Charlotte and Henderson which as I recall were two of the earliest locations work began in the area.
I had the same thought about Savannah, GA. That’s been under construction for a long time.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Is Blowing Rock L2 or DCFC? Fingers crossed that they're the latter.
These are DCFC stations. All of the "Coming Soon" dots on the RAN map are.

Sponsored

andisimose

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas
I was at Henderson two-ish weeks ago and it was still just waiting on cabinets. I was going to go past today but work has other plans for me. I'll probably swing past on Thursday and check it out and report back. Its been sitting since at least July waiting on the charging cabinets.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
That will be a nice addition to the area. There is just a single 60kW station in Boone.
This is a much needed addition to a serious charging desert. I want to go snowboarding this year, but I'll probably have to take my Volvo and not the Rivian. Getting to the mountain isn't a problem. Getting home is. We need LOTS of FAST chargers on the routes between where people live and where they want to go.

FutureTruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Pre Order 10/2021, Delivered 8/2022
I had the same thought about Savannah, GA. That’s been under construction for a long time.
I was hoping for Savannah to come in first as well! All the electrical work is done it seems, just waiting on the actual DCFC units. I drive by it once every few months to see if there is any progress.

HokieBird7980

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Alpina B7, Mercedes GL550, Hyundai Tuscon
Occupation
Chief Commercial Officer, Pharmaceuticals
Clubs

Would be a great addition in Blowing Rock, particularly if there are 6 stations. Right now, Boone had one Chargepoint at the Blue Ridge Energy site, and there's another one in Lenoir at the bottom of the mountain at the the Blue Ridge Customer Service building that is finally back in service. These are both 50kw chargers, so anything faster would be great. Live in Charlotte, work in Lenoir, and it's a stretch to make there and back on single charge at 70% in cold weather, so have had to go to 85% charge to make sure i could make it all the way back to So. Charlotte. Having a DCFC in Blowing Rock provides a good recharge before jumping on or off the Blue Ridge Parkway. You could easily make it to Asheville from there going West (Sam's Club EA chargers), and hopefully there's going to be something in SW Virginia off Blue Ridge Pkwy so we can go North from Blowing Rock.

Sponsored

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
WOOHOO!!! That's one of my "essential" locations. Would have preferred downtown Boone or even downtown Blowing Rock over the outlets, but I'll take it! I assume this is, in fact, at the outlets on 321 in Blowing Rock? Got to be either the far left or far right side of the parking lot? If it's far left, maybe I can bring a Razor scooter to get to and from downtown, cutting through the resort between the two. heheh.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Live but didn't plug in to test it?

jhelmig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

No - unfortunately, I needed to get back to slack and my inbox so didn't have have a chance to try it yet...

Last edited:

jhelmig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

WOOHOO!!! That's one of my "essential" locations. Would have preferred downtown Boone or even downtown Blowing Rock over the outlets, but I'll take it! I assume this is, in fact, at the outlets on 321 in Blowing Rock? Got to be either the far left or far right side of the parking lot? If it's far left, maybe I can bring a Razor scooter to get to and from downtown, cutting through the resort between the two. heheh.
Yes, exactly, used to be Tanger now called the Shoppes at Blowing Rock. It in on the far right. Basically pull into the main entrance, take a right at the stop sign and keep going straight. It is about a 20 min walk to downtown BR. Still a few years away from being done but it is also just off the Middle Creek Greenway that will connect Boone and BR.

IMHO beats the supercharger location in the CVS parking lot in Boone.
Sponsored

Last edited: