Sponsored

nc10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, EV6 GT Line
Occupation
Engineer
The RAN station is closer to the BRP than the Boone Supercharger, which is located at a CVS.
My guess was the RAN chargers wouldn't get much use from Tesla owners, if Rivian opened up their network. Other EV brands are getting common, but still I would guess the Blowing Rock RAN chargers could keep up for the next year or two. I would like to see Rivian open their (nearly non existent) RAN.

Do many Tesla drivers carry a CCS adapter? The adapters are pretty new, and only work with some models.
Sponsored

NC-Rivian

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LA Silver R1T
Occupation
Sales
My guess was the RAN chargers wouldn't get much use from Tesla owners, if Rivian opened up their network. Other EV brands are getting common, but still I would guess the Blowing Rock RAN chargers could keep up for the next year or two. I would like to see Rivian open their (nearly non existent) RAN.

Do many Tesla drivers carry a CCS adapter? The adapters are pretty new, and only work with some models.
I have both a Tesla and a Tee. I carry an adapter for both. My Tesla charges faster and cheaper at an EA charger. I’ve used the Tesla level 2 chargers for my Tee with an adapter.

nc10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, EV6 GT Line
Occupation
Engineer
I have both a Tesla and a Tee
A Tee? A R1T?

I just listened to a recent Rivian investor event, Rivian's CFO mentioned Rivian would start opening their chargers next year, so Rivian could get federal reimbursement for up to 80% of the install cost. Also mentioned the Rivian chargers were one of the few made in the US and thus eligible.

Deacon

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

This is a much needed addition to a serious charging desert. I want to go snowboarding this year, but I'll probably have to take my Volvo and not the Rivian. Getting to the mountain isn't a problem. Getting home is. We need LOTS of FAST chargers on the routes between where people live and where they want to go.
Exactly! - try going to Myrtle Beach or Wilmington.

Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Exactly! - try going to Myrtle Beach or Wilmington.
I’ve been to Wilmington. Charged at the Smithfield outlets and Lumberton Walmart.

Deacon

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

I’ve been to Wilmington. Charged at the Smithfield outlets and Lumberton Walmart.
East of I-95 there are no fast chargers. Smithfield and Lumberton are fine if you are going east-west. US-17 corridor (north-south) is a void between Charleston and Norfolk.
Sponsored