Sponsored

State of Charge bar is red upon waking. Video attached. Anybody else see this?

Budman

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda CRV
Clubs

I have a service ticket open on this. The ne technician and on guide I spoke to had not ever seen or heard of this.

For the last couple months, sometimes when I first open the door and wake the vehicle from a deep sleep I see the battery state of charge bar on the main UI will briefly be red instead of green. Anyone else see this?
Sponsored

Mcdoo

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Volvo, expedition
Occupation
Engineer
Occasionally, have noticed something similar. Though I don't usually have the Energy screen on the main display when I park at home, I have seen as it goes through the "boot up" process that the energy bar on the driver display will show the red box with the exclamation in it. Mine, like yours goes away once the truck seems to have gone through the boot up process and all systems are up an running. I'm guess the display starts first but all data that the display would show hasn't yet been updated after deep sleep.

AYAYRON

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
r1t
I haven’t seen that but I have noticed the exterior lights will strobe when DC charging, it’s 1 flick every so often, and I noticed it on several Rivian’s….didn’t bother calling it in, since it’s such a minor thing, I only mention it, so you can check to see if you see that flashing outside in case they are related

HokieR1T

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T LG/BM/20 AT
reviving an old thread. Just noticed the same on my truck. 77% battery. Rare that the energy screen is up when I enter the truck. Was this a non-issue?

uphill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, undisclosed PHEV, undisclosed classic V8
I see this too and assume that the value just hasn't been initialized yet after boot up or unsuspend. No related issues that I've noticed here.

Sponsored

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
Mine also does the same thing on occasion. It doesn't last long, a second or two, and only right after waking up. It's NBD

SSteveEV

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, etc
Clubs

Christmas update easter egg running late?

In these rare instances are you charging from a low red level to start with?

OP
OP
Budman

Budman

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda CRV
Clubs

Mine is still doing it every time it wakes up. Had a ticket open with Rivian for many weeks and they finally called back. I sent them the video and the guys (2 of them) on the phone said they had ever seen this. I have an appt with the local service center Oct 2 and will update this thread after that.

I'm thinking it is no big deal either. The bar turns green right after I hear solenoids or relays closing at the end of the wake up cycle. I'm figuring maybe the pack voltage isn't reading correctly until the wake up cycle completes.

I'm glad other are seeing it too. Thanks for reporting in.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
NP. Keep me informed because mine does it probably half the time so if it's a thing where it's broken I want to have it addressed
Sponsored