First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Occupation
meta
I noticed on the road today, that my steering wheel is slightly rotated when going straight. Is this something I should be concerned about, or should I just live with it?

Rivian R1T R1S Steering Wheel Askew ED706204-299B-4EEB-BE28-984B0378869F
Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I lived with it like that. It eventually went straight. Then it went right about 3x as bad by the time my front tires were worn out. They fixed it while my truck was in service this last time and replaced the front tires. Have no idea if it's just going to repeat but it drives pretty straight now.

g4b0r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software Engineer
Mine did the same thing and I lived with it for 7500 miles. As long as your truck isn't pulling to the side, I would just ignore it. Once you get new tires or need an alignment, you can have them fix it.

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
Does your Driver+ work with the askew wheel?
My wheel if off by about 4 degrees to the left but the vehicle pulls slightly to the right.
Mobile service told me today that the driver wheel askew is causing my Driver+ to not function.

Rivian603

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Colorado, Chevy Traverse
Occupation
Software
Clubs

Took two visits to the Boston service center for them to fix mine and it's still not perfect, but it's acceptable. I think they are having trouble dialing in the alignment on the truck. The super nice service center reps implied it's not an uncommon issue when we discussed it.

Sponsored

OP
OP

dood

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Occupation
meta
My wheel if off by about 4 degrees to the left but the vehicle pulls slightly to the right.
Mobile service told me today that the driver wheel askew is causing my Driver+ to not function.
driver+ works perfectly fortunately

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I was able to enable driver+ as soon as the truck entered the freeway, but it caused it to dart sideways before correcting. After disabling it once to change lanes or waiting more than a second, it would refuse to re-enable for the rest of the drive. oP's steering error isn't enough to upset it I wouldn't think.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

driver+ works perfectly fortunately
Join the "within spec" club.

Don't worry, if/when they inspect your front drive unit, you get a free alignment 👍

srnyoung

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'15 eGolf, '04 Suzuki Grand Vitara
Occupation
Teacher
Clubs

Most likely a minor alignment issue. It will wear your tires and front end parts out faster.
Probably worth putting in a ticket but not rushing to get it done.

OP
OP

dood

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Occupation
meta
Update: Service center quoted me $240 to address it. They said if I had mentioned it shortly after taking delivery they would’ve addressed it for free.

tbolts10

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Public Safety
Update: Service center quoted me $240 to address it. They said if I had mentioned it shortly after taking delivery they would’ve addressed it for free.
Mine is identical to yours. Slightly left, truck pulls slightly right though. Kinda crazy they are gonna charge you... keep us posted as to what they say when they address it!
Sponsored