OP
quartz

quartz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Clarity PHEV
Clubs

Yep same exact sound when going in low speed/ bumps. once it gets to ur head it never goes away. truly annoying.
I was told at the SC this is common and within spec, but they are working on a replacement part that should reduce the noise. No eta or more info but hoping they will do a campaign soon.
Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I was told at the SC this is common and within spec, but they are working on a replacement part that should reduce the noise. No eta or more info but hoping they will do a campaign soon.
My understanding from multiple people and from someone at Rivian is that the fluid flowing through a specific part in the hydraulic damper system. From the description I was told, it sounds like it's creating a whistling sound it the fluid pushes through the part in these specific cases. If the system is unplugged the noise goes away entirely. But then you don't have the damper system.

Hopefully they have a retrofit available for the part. That's my biggest daily complaint beyond the half shaft lash.

md2023

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
Clubs

Anyone else experiencing suspension squeaking going over bumps at low speeds? Were you able to get this resolved by yourself or through a service center?

Link to audio recording:
I hear the same noise. It comes and goes. Slightly annoying. Not having been a truck owner I wasn't sure if it is normal or not. Like others, I turn the radio up.

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
I hear the same noise. It comes and goes. Slightly annoying. Not having been a truck owner I wasn't sure if it is normal or not. Like others, I turn the radio up.
It is certainly an annoying trait. But with all the other noises my suspension makes, it is probably 3rd on list of what I would like tk have fixed.

But being 2 hours from a service center and not wanting to deal with all the drama and likelihood of nothing really being fixed even if I try again...I have just resorted to half accept it. When weather is decent...open windows and air noise drowns it out. Or turn up music.

It is only when I have a car load of people and we are going to a show, etc... and talking, that everybody has to hear my simulated 50 year old F150 with noisy leaf springs and creaking frame sounds.

kyledmb

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T
Clubs

Mine is doing this badly. especially noticeable between 25-40 MPH

Sponsored

kozak79

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Visual Effects
Clubs

Did you get the satisfaction campaign to replace the washers? I had mine done and the suspension sound is much improved.

"Rivian is initiating a customer satisfaction campaign for some model year 2022 R1S and R1T vehicles that may have been built with inadequate interference between the halfshaft splines and the wheel hubs. This notice applies to your vehicle, VIN: XXXXXX
Rivian Suspension Squeaking on Bumpy Roads {filename}

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rivian/search?q=flair_name:"đź›» R1T"&restrict_sr=1
What is the problem? If there is inadequate interference between the halfshaft splines and the wheel hubs, this may result in a loss of torque of the halfshaft bolt and subsequent noise and/or separation of the bolt and wheel center cap. Without this bolt there may be additional movement of the components and/or noise but will not result in any changes in the performance of the vehicle."

Last edited:

Batman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S Launch Edition; Kia Telluride SX-P
I just got my R1S yesterday and I notice squeaking while going over bumps. Also squeaking when car's height elevation changes, mainly when its going up.

Horseytime

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LA Silver 20" AT- Launch Edition
I just had my washers done, I have a 3xxx vin R1T. I can't say I notice a big difference at all. Very bad roads where I drive and sounds about the same. I had hoped. Squeaky and noisy.

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I just had my washers done, I have a 3xxx vin R1T. I can't say I notice a big difference at all. Very bad roads where I drive and sounds about the same. I had hoped. Squeaky and noisy.
Yeah, did nothing for any squeaking suspension....i can tolerate the suspension noise....but his thing feels like a go-kart with no suspension over rough roads in all modes and all heights.

itselectric

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evhelphub.com
Vehicles
R1T
My R1T (August 2022 build) squeaked a ton. You also have that dreaded knock which is giving me some PTSD. They were unable to address either at the time and I sold it before the new washers came out.

Waiting for both issues to be addressed for picking up another R1T.

Sponsored

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
My R1T (August 2022 build) squeaked a ton. You also have that dreaded knock which is giving me some PTSD. They were unable to address either at the time and I sold it before the new washers came out.

Waiting for both issues to be addressed for picking up another R1T.
Yup, waiting to see if the in-house motor setup is any better, but with as much movement and adjustability that this current suspension has, I'm just not sure how it can be addressed fully.

OP
OP
quartz

quartz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Clarity PHEV
Clubs

Did you get the satisfaction campaign to replace the washers? I had mine done and the suspension sound is much improved.

"Rivian is initiating a customer satisfaction campaign for some model year 2022 R1S and R1T vehicles that may have been built with inadequate interference between the halfshaft splines and the wheel hubs. This notice applies to your vehicle, VIN: XXXXXX
Rivian Suspension Squeaking on Bumpy Roads {filename}

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rivian/search?q=flair_name:"đź›» R1T"&restrict_sr=1
What is the problem? If there is inadequate interference between the halfshaft splines and the wheel hubs, this may result in a loss of torque of the halfshaft bolt and subsequent noise and/or separation of the bolt and wheel center cap. Without this bolt there may be additional movement of the components and/or noise but will not result in any changes in the performance of the vehicle."
No campaigns for my 194xx build, I asked. I still love my (off)roadrunner, but wow, it was shocking how much quieter/smoother the loaner Nissan Leaf was, going 25mph over concrete roads.
Sponsored