Sponsored

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
Rivian should be offering an OEM manual bed cover soon. I’m hanging tight until then.
Sponsored

Harvest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, Rivian R1T Adventure Forest Green
Occupation
agriculture
How easy was it to slide them in and out? Would you say you can install them in 2-3 minutes or does it take longer to push them into position?

OP
OP
CDC_73

CDC_73

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T Quad
Occupation
Sales Engineer
Clubs

How easy was it to slide them in and out? Would you say you can install them in 2-3 minutes or does it take longer to push them into position?
It is very fast, under a minute. They are very snug, so it does take a little effort.

seanocono

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X Plaid, Tesla Model Y Performance
Clubs

Rivian should be offering an OEM manual bed cover soon. I’m hanging tight until then.
Emphasis on “should.” I think it’s great that there are finally some attractive and functional tonneau options available for people who would like to secure items in their truck bed while Rivian takes their sweet time.

More options will benefit us all.

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RT1
Occupation
Retirement
Received the tail lidz tonneau cover and I don't have a lot of confidence in the black plastic holding up as one of the pieces is already loose from pulling it in and out. Tail lidz should have took a little bit more time installing the 45° black plastic and maybe hot melting it together. I'm debating should I keep them or should I contact Tail lidz. Couple of pictures of each side.

Rivian R1T R1S Tail Lidz Manual Tonneau Cover installed photos & review IMG_20230312_113032257

Rivian R1T R1S Tail Lidz Manual Tonneau Cover installed photos & review IMG_20230312_113722849

Sponsored

Olsonsolar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt - R1T on preorder
Occupation
enjoying life

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
Me too. Mostly because I've already paid for it.
Part of me feels like a hopeless romantic waiting for the OEM version. "I promise, it will be soon my dear"

Phatman113

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
IT
More affordable and it doesn't need to be stored in the gear tunnel

https://evsportline.com/products/rivian-r1t-rmaxx-soft-tonneau-roll-up-bed-cover
That one is a no-go for me because it uses the bolt locations for the side-mount molle panels from @builtrightind

Would this one work on a Rivian that does not have the slot for the tonneau. They said there would be a change coming that trucks ordered with no tonneau would not have the slots.
It should, it uses the bolts that run along the top of the plastic panel, doesn't clip into anything in the tonneau slots...

SDH

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE; Jeep Rubicon
Saw the a screenshot of the new configuration last night. It changed to mid 2023 now
What?! ... I shouldn't be disappointed but I am. I spoke to customer service the other day and got the party line: "early 2023 we'll be sharing demo's and shipping out". Yeah right.

I get it, Rivian have got bigger fish to fry right now. Tonneau cover is way down the punch list. They've already sold us the cars, job done. Next customer please.

Sponsored

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
Saw the a screenshot of the new configuration last night. It changed to mid 2023 now
Gah.

I guess I consider myself lucky. Between the frunk and the gear tunnel I have more space than I did in my old vehicle. So even without the bed as a storage option I feel like I'm upside on space.

However I know a lot of folks bought this truck came from a truck with a tonneau so I can feel their pain. I don't mind waiting, but I can see why others would. I really only plan on using the bed when transporting big items (recently my wife's new bumper cover) which means no tonneau anyway.

I will say though, having the option of locking bed storage sure does sound nice...

jbronkoR1T

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adventure
Occupation
Music&Tech
If my power cover stops working, or my truck didn't have a cover at all I would buy the EV sportline one. I got their floor mats and they are fantastic.

Seems like a no brainier.
That's super intriguing. I don't love that it folds up into a roll, that seems kinda lame vs. retracting like the Santa Cruz (why oh why can't I just get a simple manual retracting one like Santa Cruz!?!). But I don't want to deal with 4 panels, personally. So I may get that EV sports line one. Looks pretty slick when it's rolled down, which would be most of the time for me.

RivAW

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Glacier White, Black Mountain, Black AT 20s,
Gah.

I guess I consider myself lucky. Between the frunk and the gear tunnel I have more space than I did in my old vehicle. So even without the bed as a storage option I feel like I'm upside on space.

However I know a lot of folks bought this truck came from a truck with a tonneau so I can feel their pain. I don't mind waiting, but I can see why others would. I really only plan on using the bed when transporting big items (recently my wife's new bumper cover) which means no tonneau anyway.

I will say though, having the option of locking bed storage sure does sound nice...
Also, it should be noted that everyone already paid for the tonneau (which apparently doesn’t yet exist and they are in no hurry to produce/deliver. I need a tonneau cover, have always had one before and should have to pay for an alternative one while I’m waiting for the one I already paid for. I wonder what would happen if everyone who is waiting on the manual cover asks for a refund so they can buy an alternative….and just let Rivian know that we’ll consider their build if/when it becomes available

RivAW

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Glacier White, Black Mountain, Black AT 20s,
Based on your back of the napkin math on material costs, the sale price of $1000 is aligned with typical profit margin of manufactured goods.
Agreed but for that price it needs to be “quality” and the pic of the corner-finishing is not great (admittedly it could be a 1 off)…
Sponsored