Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 bolt 1 Kona ev
Occupation
Bicycle store proprietor
Clubs

The full length plastic top edge cap on our tailgate started coming off after a few non extreme loadings and no abuse.
The prongs are mostly all gone, broken off .
Anyone know where we can buy one?
We’ll worry about any kinda warranty when the local service center opens .
Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
When you say the prongs are broken off, do you mean the plastic prongs or tabs that would fit into the clips That hold it on the tailgate metal?

OP
OP

bike123.com

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 bolt 1 Kona ev
Occupation
Bicycle store proprietor
Clubs

The full length plastic top edge cap on our tailgate started coming off after a few non extreme loadings and no abuse.
The prongs are mostly all gone, broken off .
Anyone know where we can buy one?
We’ll worry about any kinda warranty when the local service center opens .
When you say the prongs are broken off, do you mean the plastic prongs or tabs that would fit into the clips That hold it on the tailgate metal?
The prongs that are molded onto the molding are compromised and s most broken off

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
talk to the service centre. Other people have bought misc trim pieces pretty easily.

aw113sgte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1t
That and the side pieces have such a terrible design. These tiny plastic tabs that are part of the main plastic. Why didn't they use standard Christmas tree clips? Min was delivered with tabs broke. Because they are so fragile. The rear cap is also several hundred dollars :(

Sponsored

OP
OP

bike123.com

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 bolt 1 Kona ev
Occupation
Bicycle store proprietor
Clubs

That and the side pieces have such a terrible design. These tiny plastic tabs that are part of the main plastic. Why didn't they use standard Christmas tree clips? Min was delivered with tabs broke. Because they are so fragile. The rear cap is also several hundred dollars :(
Just a doggone minute……..if that flimsy 4”x4’ polyethylene panel is more than $50 I’m in the wrong biz.
The subcontractor that molded those is likely laughing all the way to the bank and should be held accountable as should whoever made the tonn-NO cover - ours lasted a whole week.
No big gripes except these pesky little peeves but Muskmobiles have an assortment of small nuisances to.
We’re not huge bettors but would wager the Maryland center is ‘rumored’ to be up and going ‘by May’
Does that mean we MAY see it in our lifetime,
Like one predictor said in March 2020 ‘ Covid will be over by Easter - but WHICH Easter?
Hopefully our center will be 2023.

aw113sgte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1t
Just a doggone minute……..if that flimsy 4”x4’ polyethylene panel is more than $50 I’m in the wrong biz.
The subcontractor that molded those is likely laughing all the way to the bank and should be held accountable as should whoever made the tonn-NO cover - ours lasted a whole week.
No big gripes except these pesky little peeves but Muskmobiles have an assortment of small nuisances to.

We’re not huge bettors but would wager the Maryland center is ‘rumored’ to be up and going ‘by May’
Does that mean we MAY see it in our lifetime,
Like one predictor said in March 2020 ‘ Covid will be over by Easter - but WHICH Easter?
Hopefully our center will be 2023.
Just double checked. $194.65🤨

OP
OP

bike123.com

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 bolt 1 Kona ev
Occupation
Bicycle store proprietor
Clubs

Double-yoo TEE. eff?
Sure, $194. is just over a tank of diesel in
a large Pickemup , and the plastic cap is supposed to last for years, the fuel a few days to a week, but in this case the plastic is too short lived,
I’ll drill holes and insert my own push in plug clips.
Hopefully it’s be of y’all can suggest what to use and where to get

All_electric_Seattle

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, R1T
Occupation
Construction
Mine came off after a week or so. They came out and replaced it but it didn't fit correctly. Tech said he would order another one. I reminded them yesterday that it had been about 4-5 months since they said that. They replied that the service ticket had been closed...

Sponsored

All_electric_Seattle

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, R1T
Occupation
Construction
Mine came off after a week or so. They came out and replaced it but it didn't fit correctly. Tech said he would order another one. I reminded them yesterday that it had been about 4-5 months since they said that. They replied that the service ticket had been closed...
I had to tape the new one on so it would stay in place.

FrankieJ

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T and Mercedes GLE 53 AMG
Just double checked. $194.65🤨
I had the same problem and Rivian replaced it under warranty. They actually sent their mobile service to replace it. They can likely just send you one and you can replace it yourself. It took all of one minute to put the new one on.

staytuned

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I’ve already managed to scuff mine up, doing “truck stuff”.

Appreciate y’all posting the price. I had considered ordering another one and replacing it, or even swapping them back and forth.
Sounds like that is a terrible idea.

maybe this is another part with an opportunity for a more robust aftermarket replacement

OP
OP

bike123.com

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 bolt 1 Kona ev
Occupation
Bicycle store proprietor
Clubs

I’ve already managed to scuff mine up, doing “truck stuff”.

Appreciate y’all posting the price. I had considered ordering another one and replacing it, or even swapping them back and forth.
Sounds like that is a terrible idea.

maybe this is another part with an opportunity for a more robust aftermarket replacement
I'm thinking since it's not just a sporadic nor marginal occurrence, they will likely come up with a better one and distribute them accordingly
we are fine waiting but it would be great to find some push in plugs couple on top couple on the back

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
Another aftermarket opportunity.
Sponsored