Tailgate cap molding trim starting to fall off

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Double-yoo TEE. eff?
Sure, $194. is just over a tank of diesel in
a large Pickemup , and the plastic cap is supposed to last for years, the fuel a few days to a week, but in this case the plastic is too short lived,
I’ll drill holes and insert my own push in plug clips.
Hopefully it’s be of y’all can suggest what to use and where to get
When’s the last time you bought any sort of plastic trim piece for any vehicle? These sorts of parts are not cheap.

The plastic chin spoiler on my sensible hatchback succumbed to winter…the retail price of the replacement is $950.

The equivalent cap for a ford F series truck is about $70, but they make a lot more of those in a month than Rivian has R1Ts since start of production.
Sponsored

OP
OP

bike123.com

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 bolt 1 Kona ev
Occupation
Bicycle store proprietor
Clubs

When’s the last time you bought any sort of plastic trim piece for any vehicle? These sorts of parts are not cheap.

The plastic chin spoiler on my sensible hatchback succumbed to winter…the retail price of the replacement is $950.

The equivalent cap for a ford F series truck is about $70, but they make a lot more of those in a month than Rivian has R1Ts since start of production.
EXACTLY the first thing we thought of!!

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I had the same problem and Rivian replaced it under warranty. They actually sent their mobile service to replace it. They can likely just send you one and you can replace it yourself. It took all of one minute to put the new one on.
I've asked them to do this for several parts and they have outright refused, every time. I even offered to just pay for the part and not consider it a warranty item and they still wouldn't sell it to ship to me.

OP
OP

bike123.com

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 bolt 1 Kona ev
Occupation
Bicycle store proprietor
Clubs

I would have offered to pay as well.
at least in or industry, bicycles, we often get a response like :
"you're the only one to whom this happened"
Thanks fo this group, we can be sure that thus part is a fail.
Sponsored