Sponsored

Tesla Supercharger Shooting - Edgewater, CO (Denver Metro)

mpw81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Q5 PHEV
Unfortunate and have to assume completely unnecessary event. These spots are in the back of the lot away from the market, which shouldn't have been very busy on a Tuesday morning to begin with. This location also isn't particularly convenient to anyone who would be road-tripping. Will be interested in more details and if ICE-ing was involved.

EDIT: Just watched an on-the-scene shot from the news, supercharger looks almost full of other Teslas, which all look like the same model/color and have red CO license plates (these are fleet plates in CO). Also reported that shooter fled scene in his red Tesla.

Rivian R1T R1S Tesla Supercharger Shooting - Edgewater, CO (Denver Metro) 1683135294481
Sponsored

Last edited:

mike22co

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW X3 (x2), s00n R1S
Occupation
Person
No matter the location, this type of event happening more frequently is a huge concern for society. This isn't the Wild West, or is it? It just makes me so sad when things like this happen and there is no good reason for it if someone's life wasn't in immediate danger.

OP
OP

mpw81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Q5 PHEV
No matter the location, this type of event happening more frequently is a huge concern for society. This isn't the Wild West, or is it? It just makes me so sad when things like this happen and there is no good reason for it if someone's life wasn't in immediate danger.

Totally agree! Other details only added for context to get out in front of potential questions if asked by others since this is 2 miles from my house and I go there somewhat regularly.

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
In the Wild West gunslingers were supposed check in their firearms with the local marshall while in town

s4wrxttcs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
This is extremely concerning for any EV owner.

In my experience with Superchargers, and now with CCS Fast chargers its not all that unusual to end up in crowded stations where things might get heated.

Usually people agree to disagree where there is nothing except an argument and venting frustration at whatever the situation might be, but something about the Pandemic changed people and their behaviors. You couple that with an increase in gun ownership that came from the Pandemic and things happen.

I hope this kind of thing convinces gun owners to lock up their guns in their vehicles.
Sponsored