Sponsored

Tesla Supercharger Stations Beginning to Feature Pull-Through Truck Lanes/Spots For EV Trucks

Electric Rivilution

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Model X P90D
First one... spotted in Santa Nella, CA.

This will be useful once the supercharger network is opened up for non-Teslas.

Rivian R1T R1S Tesla Supercharger Stations Beginning to Feature Pull-Through Truck Lanes/Spots For EV Trucks FajornCUcAAuhah (1)
Sponsored

Longreach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Miata
Interesting
 Putting the charger stand in the middle of the pull through block means it‘s still catering to the rear plug Tesla, pulling a trailer. A front plug CCS vehicle with trailer will hang out the back, potentially blocking traffic. That also assumes there is a long CCS charge cable.

Zybane

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Raptor 37
Occupation
Military Pilot
Interesting
 Putting the charger stand in the middle of the pull through block means it‘s still catering to the rear plug Tesla, pulling a trailer. A front plug CCS vehicle with trailer will hang out the back, potentially blocking traffic. That also assumes there is a long CCS charge cable.
Tesla supercharger catering to Teslas. Shocking!

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

Yep. Elon isn’t opening up the supercharger network.
He's absolutely opening the network. He has a $1B incentive from Joe B. to do so, as well as an instant (nearly no cost) new revenue stream. This is a guarantee.

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Well the still imaginary Cybertruck is 5 imaginary inches longer than an F-150 so they can’t expect people to park their imaginary trucks in the smaller spots designed for real life cars that are smaller.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Interesting
GM is putting their CCS port in the rear of the Silverado, too.

It's possible they could include longer CCS cables on the Tesla pedestal to accommodate front CCS ports.

Longreach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Miata
GM is putting their CCS port in the rear of the Silverado, too.

It's possible they could include longer CCS cables on the Tesla pedestal to accommodate front CCS ports.
Interesting
 The Lyriq and Blazer are on the front left fender.

Looks like we’re entering an era of random charge port locations, even within the same manufacturer. Worse than the classic left/right gas filler location case.

the long way downunder

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
WFH
Interesting
Right. A bit of puzzle to arrange all spots to accommodate all vehicle types 
 I guess the Semi and Cybertruck will have one or more charge points in the rear, left quarter panel 
 but why not a layout that has a mix of "nose in" and "back in" and position the charging pedestals and the pull-through spots in an arrangement that offers mid and front charge port locations?

Sponsored

Dirty_B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Sales
Well the still imaginary Cybertruck is 5 imaginary inches longer than an F-150 so they can’t expect people to park their imaginary trucks in the smaller spots designed for real life cars that are smaller.
I laugh when people throw shit like this out. Hhhmm R1T announced 28 Nov 2018, first delivery in earnest let's call it April 2022. R1S, yet to be seen except 1sy, 2sy numbers. Cyber truck announced 21 Nov 2019 - almost 1 year later than R1T/R1S. While no deliveries yet, they have delivered over 2,000,000 other vehicles since then. They deliver more cars in one week than Rivian has delivered since the first R1T deliveries in Apr. So yeah, I have no doubt who's imagining.

All of this is of course subject to supply constraints and corp plan. Rivian I think is largely handicapped by supply. While Tesla really doesn't care what John q public wants, they'll diver a CT on their schedule. They don't have the same supply constraints.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I laugh when people throw shit like this out. Hhhmm R1T announced 28 Nov 2018, first delivery in earnest let's call it April 2022. R1S, yet to be seen except 1sy, 2sy numbers. Cyber truck announced 21 Nov 2019 - almost 1 year later than R1T/R1S. While no deliveries yet, they have delivered over 2,000,000 other vehicles since then. They deliver more cars in one week than Rivian has delivered since the first R1T deliveries in Apr. So yeah, I have no doubt who's imagining.

All of this is of course subject to supply constraints and corp plan. Rivian I think is largely handicapped by supply. While Tesla really doesn't care what John q public wants, they'll diver a CT on their schedule. They don't have the same supply constraints.
You are welcome to laugh at whatever “shit” you like. You are not comparing apples to apples. Compare Elon’s first announcement of ANY Tesla vehicle to first delivery to Rivian’s announcement to first delivery and you might actually be approaching reality.

Then check on your orders for ”neuralink” and “Teslabot” “hyperloop”, “solar roof”, and your “semi truck”, and you can keep us updated on almost all of Elon’s promises.

Last edited:

Jumacao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T PDM MP CY, Tesla Model Y, Energica Eva
Occupation
Legal
You are welcome to laugh at whatever “shit” you like. You are not comparing apples to apples. Compare Elon’s first announcement of ANY Tesla vehicle to first delivery to Rivian’s announcement to first delivery and you might actually be approaching reality.

Then check on your orders for ”neuralink” and “Teslabot” “hyperloop”, “solar roof”, and your “semi truck”, and you can keep us updated on almost all of Elon’s promises.
The truth is probably somewhere between your post and the one you quoted. Tesla's recent products are definitely behind schedule, but there's not really any reason, given Tesla's track record, to expect the CT to be an imaginary product. Hell, the Rivian I have on order - the R1T Max Pack - is still an imaginary product by those standards.

And for what it's worth, I've had a solar roof for about a year now.

Jumacao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T PDM MP CY, Tesla Model Y, Energica Eva
Occupation
Legal

Remember, people have been doing this with Tesla since it started. People were calling Tesla a fake/foreign car company right up until it became the most valuable car manufacturer in the US.
Sponsored