Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, R2 res, Tesla S, 3, X, Y, Cybertruck
Occupation
Upgrading Electric Vehicles
Clubs

Guys, range is as unpredictable as you're seeing on your vehicle, versus another person's vehicle. You all realize this right? Driving up/down hills, blasting AC, fast acceleration, how much load is in the vehicle, is the wind blowing with or against you....so many variables!

That said, these aero inserts decrease the range loss relating to the airflow across the wheel. How 'much' of a range gain that translates to - largely depends on your scenario - becomes nearly impossible to predict. This is exactly the same as the vehicle's range meter which continuously adjusts as you drive and the scenario changes. Sometimes you get more / less range per full charge, because reality of hundreds of variables are at play.

If you want to extend your range up to 10-20 miles per full charge, this product is for you!
Sponsored

caiudalmau

First Name
Carles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S 2023
Right - and I'm pretty sure they said "up to 10-20" which is another level of murkiness. Elsewhere in the thread they say there are too many factors that may or may not come into play to nail down something more precise. As another person said, if you like the look go for it and maybe you'll get a few extra miles.
Sounds like snake oil sales tactic. I don't particularly like the covers, but I would probably add it if it was an extra 20 miles, at least for road trips.

Rivian_Hugh_III

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Infiniti EX35
Sounds like snake oil sales tactic. I don't particularly like the covers, but I would probably add it if it was an extra 20 miles, at least for road trips.
I'm no aerodynamical engineer, but these covers don't seem to cover much. Sounds like they were worried about getting enough air to the massive brakes in case they get, you know, actually used. There are some images from prototype R1T's from several years ago where the standard 20" AT's had covers. As I recall the "pizza cutters" or "staples" were narrower in those early wheels. Maybe they scratched the covers when they chunked up the staples because there just wasn't enough coverage to make a difference. It would be nice if someone who bought them would chime in with a real-world experience of range increase. I bet it's 3-6 miles/300miles, or 1-2% in most cases. Speeds over 80 might as much as double that? Going on instinct here.

caiudalmau

First Name
Carles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S 2023
I'm no aerodynamical engineer, but these covers don't seem to cover much. Sounds like they were worried about getting enough air to the massive brakes in case they get, you know, actually used. There are some images from prototype R1T's from several years ago where the standard 20" AT's had covers. As I recall the "pizza cutters" or "staples" were narrower in those early wheels. Maybe they scratched the covers when they chunked up the staples because there just wasn't enough coverage to make a difference. It would be nice if someone who bought them would chime in with a real-world experience of range increase. I bet it's 3-6 miles/300miles, or 1-2% in most cases. Speeds over 80 might as much as double that? Going on instinct here.
That make smore sense, in the model 3, model Y and the Rivian 21s you only lose 2-3% at the most, and those do change completely the tire, so an increase of 3-7% with these covers doesn't seem logical. I am no tire engineer either, although I have an engineering degree.

BrentInCO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S, Toyota FJ, R1S Quad Large Pack Feb 2023

Sponsored

Thedude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Guys, range is as unpredictable as you're seeing on your vehicle, versus another person's vehicle. You all realize this right? Driving up/down hills, blasting AC, fast acceleration, how much load is in the vehicle, is the wind blowing with or against you....so many variables!

That said, these aero inserts decrease the range loss relating to the airflow across the wheel. How 'much' of a range gain that translates to - largely depends on your scenario - becomes nearly impossible to predict. This is exactly the same as the vehicle's range meter which continuously adjusts as you drive and the scenario changes. Sometimes you get more / less range per full charge, because reality of hundreds of variables are at play.

If you want to extend your range up to 10-20 miles per full charge, this product is for you!
I think everyone here understands the variability of range and what the truck predicts and delivers. However, that doesn’t preclude you guys from actually doing testing and publishing your real world results. It’s not difficult to do that and unless I missed you you guys haven’t released anything other than the vague 10-20 mile claim.

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

I think everyone here understands the variability of range and what the truck predicts and delivers. However, that doesn’t preclude you guys from actually doing testing and publishing your real world results. It’s not difficult to do that and unless I missed you you guys haven’t released anything other than the vague 10-20 mile claim.
The 10-20 mile claim is based on our testing. That is what we've seen.

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

SSteveEV

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, etc
Clubs

The 10-20 mile claim is based on our testing. That is what we've seen.
Would you please, for all of us, elaborate on the testing done for these numbers?
-Computer models and/or test drives used?
-How many miles driven in test loop
-How many loops made
-Avg speed of test loop

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

Would you please, for all of us, elaborate on the testing done for these numbers?
-Computer models and/or test drives used?
-How many miles driven in test loop
-How many loops made
-Avg speed of test loop
Steve, sure, we'll add a report to our learning center at evsportline.com (ie our blog)....

Sponsored

BrentInCO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

AbhorViolence

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 VW GTI, 1998 Toyota Tacoma
I was a click away from ordering these just now, along with a full set of magnetic jack pucks, only to be hit with $33 shipping. Realizing free shipping may not apply to the pucks I removed them. Only to still have a $6.48 minimum shipping charge. Now I don't want to order on general principle. Any chance you guys are going to fix this?

BrentInCO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles