Sponsored

The Ford F-150 Lightning Is the 2023 MotorTrend Truck of the Year

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

I had never considered what the abbreviation for that might be, but I see your point. Thank you for saving me from additional embarrassment.

Now I’m wondering if typing out the entire word is also creepy, even though it was Apple’s name for it. It also could refer to people like this guy:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/man-who-sex-car-says-27142654
A lot of people on these boards abbreviate Black Mountain as BM.

In the medical field, a BM is a bowel movement. 💩

Makes reading these forums very difficult for me sometimes...
Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler

I wish I could plead ignorance to that one. My inner toddler just giggles a little each time I type it. My apologies for lowering the bar for adults like yourself :giggle:

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

If your BM is this dark you should definitely be asking the opinion of a medical professional.

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
^Some of y'all are sick individuals, take it from me.

Sponsored

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

I've never bought a vehicle because it won MotorTrend Car/Truck of the Year. Or North American Car/Truck of the year. Or any other car/truck of the year. And I certainly don't need one of those awards to reinforce my purchase. Sometimes its nice to read about the options out there, see what the judges say they considered in making their decision, but whatever their choice is doesn't mean its right for me, or anyone else out there. The Rivian has a lot I like, the Lightning has some things I think I would like. There is something to be said for Fords standardized size, which means there were already a ton of aftermarket parts/options/covers/racks before it was even released.

Hillbilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Boat and tractor
Occupation
Hillbilly
Having been around trucks all my life, the lightning certainly bridges that gap better than the R1T. I love my R1T though for all the reasons it isn't the Lightning.

Easiest way for Motortrend to say the Ford wins over the Rivian with this crowd is by pointing out it has carplay.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, F-150 Lightning Pro, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
I think you mean not unfolding like a Rivian tonneau...

As the owner of a R1S, I'd buy the R1T if it had the capabilities I need in a truck. B
What capabilities do you need in a truck?

As an owner of an R1T and a Lightning, my R1T is my go to for truck stuff. Except for towing, towing is better in the Lightning.

Surprisingly, my Lightning is my go to for family stuff.

MilliM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Polestar 2
Surprisingly, my Lightning is my go to for family stuff.
Not surprising at all! It was an amazing road trip and family hauler vehicle for us. Loved taking it to the beach with our two inflatable SUPs and all the other stuff. Tons of space, super comfortable, easy to drive. Only thing it was missing was a third row, which I realize isn’t a truck thing…

Barda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivan Blue R1T
LOL. Truck of the year because it is the same as ICE trucks that are already on the road without the ICE.. brilliant logic from our brilliant friends at MT.

Edit: They might as well have awarded it to the ICE F150 because it will sell more and that is what more truck buyers will be looking for based on this logic.
The exact logic that their founder was against when he created the company.

If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses.” - Henry Ford

Sponsored

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, F-150 Lightning Pro, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
Not surprising at all! It was an amazing road trip and family hauler vehicle for us. Loved taking it to the beach with our two inflatable SUPs and all the other stuff. Tons of space, super comfortable, easy to drive. Only thing it was missing was a third row, which I realize isn’t a truck thing…
Enter the RAM EV…

It was surprising for me because I never owned a full sized truck. I came into it expecting the Rivian to be a better family hauler and the Lightning to be the better work truck. It’s been the opposite for me.

Brewbud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 20 Cummins, 05 Jeep LJR, 22 Range Rover Sport
Sorry, I didn't read the article. Rivian won in 2022. Doesn't there have to be a significant change to a vehicle to be considered for the next year. I am not sure if Motortrend has that stipulation, but I know that is the way some of the other organizations do it.

Biturbowned

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘20 Model Y, ‘22 R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Biturbowned

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘20 Model Y, ‘22 R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Sorry, I didn't read the article. Rivian won in 2022. Doesn't there have to be a significant change to a vehicle to be considered for the next year. I am not sure if Motortrend has that stipulation, but I know that is the way some of the other organizations do it.
I think this is right actually.

itselectric

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evhelphub.com
Vehicles
R1T
The F150L does have some nice features. None of which I would be willing to trade for personally, but find MT's reasoning logical.

I think if Ford can sell a million of these things a year, that's a benefit to all of us by way of getting some ICEs off the road.
Sponsored