Sponsored

TeslaToRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Personally for me, I am happier with the Rivian R1S. I just sold my Model X last week. The Rivian wins on the following.

1. Ride comfort [suspension damping, seat comfort, shielding from the sun, better ride height and road view ]
  2. Quieter cabin [it is way quieter than the model X and my previous model S]. Can easily listen to each other in the R1S.
  3. Good for snowy conditions and rough terrains. Had some snow recently and the R1S drove like a tank.
  4. Comfortable rear seats for the kids. [big seats, more room at the rear, mid seat split for drink storage]
  5. Utilitarian space. [split rear door, mid seat storage at both front and rear]
  6. Driver+ works on freeways and meets my needs for the occasional freeway drives [working from home after covid]. You can equate this to Tesla Autopilot.
  7. Accurate range prediction. The range depicted on the R1S is more like what you see is what you get unlike Tesla where the range depicted would reduce quickly based on driving conditions.

TBH, I am not missing the Model X and if I have to quote a few points, there would be 2.

1. Supercharging network - Since 99% of my charging is at home, haven't missed it much. There are many 3rd party charging stations and I will go with those.
  2. Falcon wing doors - The kids loved it.
After getting nothing more than party tricks from FSD on my Model S, I opted to not buy FSD on my model X. No comparison here.

Home charging with the Rivian charger is the same experience as the Model X. No change here.

Hope this helps. Here's my first take on the R1S the day we got it.

https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/...el-cap-granite-bm-20-at-and-shes-lovely.9827/

A thread on AP versus Driver+ -> https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/...a-autopilot-an-extensive-owners-review.11518/

PS: I haven't been a great performance fan while driving though I love Formula 1. So, haven't floored my R1S yet but it has better figures on paper for 0 to 60 compared to my Model X.
Great stuff. Which MX did you have?

Like you, I charge almost always at home.

I’m sure this is discussed elsewhere, but any thoughts on the driving experience on an R1S vs. R1T?
Sponsored

johnking

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X3, R1S
I had a 2019 Raven SR Model X.

I haven't see searched for a R1T vs R1S comparison actively but there were a few on YouTube. Jerry did two separate videos for R1T and R1S.

Zybane

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Raptor 37
Occupation
Military Pilot
My friend had an X for like 5 years and I rode in it quite a bit. Never impressed me and I think it was/is way over-priced. Definitely Tesla's worst vehicle.

TeslaToRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
My nearly two year journey to take home a Rivian is nearly complete. I sold my Model X Plaid this week and I go to Normal tomorrow to pick up an R1T! I will detail more thoughts on my rationale and eventually my first impressions when I get a little more time!
Sponsored