Sponsored

The suspense is killing me... how long to get through Step 8?

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

How long does it normally take for people to get through step 8? it moved from Normal to Chicago I was told Friday so I assume actually left Monday or so. I only refresh the browser every hour or so :D

Rivian R1T R1S The suspense is killing me... how long to get through Step 8? 1661435506653
Sponsored

frostbit3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Mine didnā€™t update until they called and scheduled. It went from not started to completed.

OP
OP
Blueassassin

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

Mine didnā€™t update until they called and scheduled. It went from not started to completed.
How long did it take them to do the final inspection? Guess that means i can stop refreshing and just wait for the call or email then.

Rivian R1T R1S The suspense is killing me... how long to get through Step 8? 1661435782625

gd_r1t

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Product manager
My timeline:
  • 8/15 - Call from guide to lock my config and in fact that my truck had arrived in the DC area and was starting the pre-delivery inspection
  • 8/24 - Email from Rivian + text from local rep, both saying to do step 8: schedule delivery
  • 8/29 - Scheduled delivery date
Total time: 2 weeks

CTRT1

First Name
Hardie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ram 1500 crew cab Sport
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Seems like everyone is different. I got my guide on 8/5 confirmed on 8/6. Still have yet to get my 8 steps. Iā€™m sitting over here impatiently waitingā€¦

Sponsored

domoplaytime

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adventure
Clubs

Has Rivian switched to sending trucks to service centers by rail before having customers lock configurations? The R1T shop for my region is always empty, so perhaps Rivian doesn't need to confirm customer configs before building and shipping the vehicles.

Flexia

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150
Mine took a week from being at the service center to PDI the car and have delivery unlocked

Idiot Clown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Mine will have been at the service center for three weeks as of tomorrow, and I am still in step 8 limbo. I even went to the service center for a ā€œfirst mileā€ drive and the Rivian guy confirmed that the car was in the Denver service center and had been inspected and he did not see anything noted about issues, and that was a week 10 days ago, but still . . . .

OP
OP
Blueassassin

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

Mine will have been at the service center for three weeks as of tomorrow, and I am still in step 8 limbo. I even went to the service center for a ā€œfirst mileā€ drive and the Rivian guy confirmed that the car was in the Denver service center and had been inspected and he did not see anything noted about issues, and that was a week 10 days ago, but still . . . .
And your paying for the truck and insurance? I would be pissed.

Idiot Clown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
And your paying for the truck and insurance? I would be pissed.
Iā€™m doing insurance through my normal insurance broker, which I canā€™t finalize until I get a delivery date. It turned out that I could get it much cheaper through Allstate with bundling my other car and homeowners than the Rivian Allstate option.

Sponsored

golden_frog

First Name
Golden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
My configuration was confirmed 8/14, 8 steps 8/20, now waiting on step 8 to unlock. Guide said you don't need to do insurance or final payment until the day before delivery

TxBeachRivian

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura
Clubs

I think it really depends on the service center and how busy they are. They will wait until it is on-site it seems. But mine started scheduling via email/text prior to final inspection. If you are getting delivery you need to fit into the delivery schedule which is more limited than pick up for obvious reasons. I had step 8 done before I even finished 4,5,6,7.

CTRT1

First Name
Hardie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ram 1500 crew cab Sport
Occupation
Law Enforcement
I confirmed my config on 8/6 and havenā€™t heard a peep about 8 steps. Hasnā€™t opened up or anything. I talked to my guide 13 days ago and she said give it two weeks and then give her a shout and she will see what the hood up is. I will be reaching out to her tomorrow. Anyone else have anything similar happen? How did it end up?

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

Wow. That's brutal.

I ordered 8/8 from the Shop. My Guide told me on 8/15, the car had shipped. It still has not arrived at my local Service Center. I sold my car already and am just in a holding pattern. I'm doing a horrible job of being patient. I think 3 weeks of it sitting at the local SC would truly drive me nuts.

Hope you can take delivery soon. So weird your truck has been sitting there so long.

Idiot Clown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Hope you can take delivery soon. So weird your truck has been sitting there so long.
When I was there for my 1st mile drive, the Rivian guy said that they were short staffed and that they even sent a number of their guys to the factory to help out with production. They also said they had a few people in for training from the upcoming Vancouver distribution center. Combine with all of the things Iā€™ve been reading on this forum and elsewhere about people having to take newly delivered vehicles in for service, my supposition is that they just donā€™t have enough people to do all of the deliveries at this time.
Sponsored