- $400 for windshield
- $400 for roof
Sponsored

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
Those are similar prices to what I paid in SoCal on my model y a little over a year ago. So I would say that’s pretty good, based on my experience. Pano roof prices I’ve seen go for more than windshield.

Last edited:

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 MYP
Occupation
I encrypt PDFs for Boomers
Clubs

I’ve already left my comments to you on Reddit about IRX, but am pasting here for others to see.

“Save your money and go with Llumar IRX. It’s a far superior film.”​

Netjack - what about SunTek CIR?

“I’ve had both - I like IRX better. IRX is a very similar formula to Formula One Pinnacle, if not the same. Pinnacle has been the best performer out of any tint I’ve tried, it’s just more expensive compared to IRX. The Llumar films have the best clarity and color, IMO.​
I recently tried SunTek Evolve and the film is very hazy and has a blue tint. Won’t be using that in the future.​
I had XR+ twice on two different vehicles. It’s very easy to scratch.”​

Netjack - Is IRX at a lower price point that XR+?

“Yes, from my research the the Northern VA area. XPEL XR+ was running $750+ on the Rivian. IRX was quoted at $600 for the MOST expensive shop.”​

NashvilleR1S

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2022 Pilot
Occupation
Cinematography
I just got suntek ceramic on my wife's pilot and Im not happy with it. Very blue, semi hazy. Windshield rainbows like crazy with polarized sunglasses.

And it was $799 for full vehicle and windshield.

Sponsored

dp351

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ariel Atom, R1T
Clubs

Approx. how much of this cost is material vs labor? I’m thinking about trying to install some film myself, perhaps on the light bars & sunroof. The light bars because they’re small, and the sunroof because I can tolerate imperfections there. If after doing those parts I develop some competency (IF!) maybe I’ll take on some other parts, such as the tailgate.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Approx. how much of this cost is material vs labor? I’m thinking about trying to install some film myself, perhaps on the light bars & sunroof. The light bars because they’re small, and the sunroof because I can tolerate imperfections there. If after doing those parts I develop some competency (IF!) maybe I’ll take on some other parts, such as the tailgate.
@twraps sells pre cut kits for the lights, etc.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Anyone have experience with the Llumar tint films? A respected local shop uses them but I don’t actually know much about them… It’s hard to find objective reviews of this stuff online. All the shops that post videos obviously are trying to steer you towards the stuff they use - whatever it is…

Locally it seems like Llumar vs Xpel are my best choices.

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 MYP
Occupation
Clubs

I just got suntek ceramic on my wife's pilot and Im not happy with it. Very blue, semi hazy. Windshield rainbows like crazy with polarized sunglasses.

And it was $799 for full vehicle and windshield.
Was it SunTek Evolve? If so, it’s a very blue, hazy film.

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 MYP
Occupation
Clubs

Anyone have experience with the Llumar tint films? A respected local shop uses them but I don’t actually know much about them… It’s hard to find objective reviews of this stuff online. All the shops that post videos obviously are trying to steer you towards the stuff they use - whatever it is…

Locally it seems like Llumar vs Xpel are my best choices.
I’m a big fan of Llumar. I installed window tint for about 7 years and it’s the best film company imo. I’ve tried all the major brands.

Go Llumar IRX. It’s equivalent to FormulaOne Pinnacle, which I’m sure is the same formula nowadays, at a marginally less cost. Llumar will be launching NXT Q1 next year as well, which will be an equivalent film to FormulaOne Stratos.

My favorite characteristic of all Llumar films is the resiliency to scratching. I’ve found it takes a lot more pressure to scratch Llumar films compared XPEL, 3M, GeoShield, STEK and SolarFX.

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I’m a big fan of Llumar. I installed window tint for about 7 years and it’s the best film company imo. I’ve tried all the major brands.

Go Llumar IRX. It’s equivalent to FormulaOne Pinnacle, which I’m sure is the same formula nowadays, at a marginally less cost. Llumar will be launching NXT Q1 next year as well, which will be an equivalent film to FormulaOne Stratos.

My favorite characteristic of all Llumar films is the resiliency to scratching. I’ve found it takes a lot more pressure to scratch Llumar films compared XPEL, 3M, GeoShield, STEK and SolarFX.
Thank you for that! Very helpful. What are your thoughts on doing the roof? I don’t really care about having a moonroof anyway so I might just get one of the fabric screens that are starting to come out now…

dp351

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ariel Atom, R1T
Clubs

Good info. It seems like this would be an important characteristic for use on a windshield. I’ve always been dubious about putting film on a windshield, but I’m now considering it.

JayinNJ

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, R1S LE Canyon Red
Good info. It seems like this would be an important characteristic for use on a windshield. I’ve always been dubious about putting film on a windshield, but I’m now considering it.
Why? Tinting goes on the inside of the windows.

JayinNJ

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, R1S LE Canyon Red
Just wondering what people have paid for XR+ on their R1T. Got quoted:
- $300 for front and side windows
- $400 for windshield
- $400 for roof
Save yo
Because I’m concerned that PPF on the outside of the windshield would get scratched & destroyed by the wipers.
This isn't PPF. Tint on windshield and on every window goes on the inside. XPEL tint is not PPF.
Sponsored