First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ridgeline
Occupation
Sr software engineer - manager
My EZpass is on the passenger side nearbthe center camera. Use these from amazon to apply to windshield. They work great. STICKER SHIELD - Windshield Sticker Applicator for Easy Application, Removal and Re-Application from Car to Car - 4 inch x 6 inch Sheets
Sponsored

schalliol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S6, Honda Odyssey
My EZpass is on the passenger side nearbthe center camera. Use these from amazon to apply to windshield. They work great. STICKER SHIELD - Windshield Sticker Applicator for Easy Application, Removal and Re-Application from Car to Car - 4 inch x 6 inch Sheets
Awesome! Could you take a pic? I’ll order these

Foobar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model 3P, Eva Ribelle
Occupation
IT Exec

schalliol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S6, Honda Odyssey
That’s the location I’m thinking of. Thanks! I’ll try the stickers mentioned above

SciGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T quad, large pack, 20ATs; 2012 Acura TSX
Here are some answers:
- Metal oxide containing windshields will interfere with the signals from the Fastrak pass
- Fastrak has a list of vehicles that have these kinds of windshields: https://www.bayareafastrak.org/en/common/docs/MetalOxideWindshieldList.pdf
- note that Tesla Model X and S all years have metal oxide windshields, but Rivian is not on the list.
- Fastrak offers a solution if your vehicle has an incompatible windshield. Just log in and request the alternative external transponder. I’ll attach a screenshot
Rivian R1T R1S Toll Tag Transponders / Rivian Windshields AD7D9537-9766-4174-B83A-34D53D866768

Last edited:

Sponsored

Grajjie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M340i, Ioniq Electric, Rivian R1T
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I have my EZPass in the corner to the right of the center camera/sensor box along the headliner. I also plastidipped mine black to hide it better than a white box and I have no issues with it.

schalliol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S6, Honda Odyssey

Jamuso

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ridgeline
Occupation
Sr software engineer - manager

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
I use those for my inspection stickers so the tech doesn't have to take a razor blade to them next year. Cut them in half and it works well. Never thought to put the EZ pass on one.

The_Frog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, MS
Here are some answers:
- Metal oxide containing windshields will interfere with the signals from the Fastrak pass
- Fastrak has a list of vehicles that have these kinds of windshields: https://www.bayareafastrak.org/en/common/docs/MetalOxideWindshieldList.pdf
- note that Tesla Model X and S all years have metal oxide windshields, but Rivian is not on the list.
- Fastrak offers a solution if your vehicle has an incompatible windshield. Just log in and request the alternative external transponder. I’ll attach a screenshot
AD7D9537-9766-4174-B83A-34D53D866768.jpeg
I was getting all excited because I've never been able to get the traditional transponder to work on my Model S...only to realize that it needs to be mounted on the front license plate...and, well, officer, you are correct, I don't have one.

Oldsmobile_Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG/FE R1T recv'd 3/31/2023
Occupation
I build stuff
Clubs

EZpass, at the very top just to the right of the plastic "dip" for the rear view mirror on all of my vehicles. Never had a problem with it.
Sponsored