First Name
Tucker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Engineer
So I got the truck back, not much to add other than two new new 12V batteries as I posted. I did spend some time with a tech at the SC, he pulled off the hitch cover and showed me the “jump start wire harnesss”. It’s behind the round plastic plug on the opposite side of your 7-pin trailer plug, when you remove and pull out it’s two lugs that are covered and taped. You need to supply 12.5V at 15A until the display panel comes on and you should be able to unlock doors, frunk and charge port. He also showed me the torx screws to remove in the front lower DS wheel well to access the frunk release cable. The cable is forward behind the DS tow hook, pull hard and you should hear a click. If it doesn’t fully release he suggested a rubber wedge under lip, I plan on trying this in driveway soon to see. This is all I got, hope it’s helpful just in case 😉
Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Glad you got it back. A few months ago someone shared this video (I can’t find the thread), but it goes over all of the points you mentioned above And a few others that might be helpful some day. It’s made for tow operators.

OP
OP
Tucker74

Tucker74

First Name
Tucker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Engineer
I forgot, when I was talking to the tech he said he’d recently been to the factory in Normal and the new builds only had a single 12V battery. Wonder if something in the software update was to support that and is causing (pure speculation)? He also said they no longer have Meridian speakers 😏

DuoRivians

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, MY
I forgot, when I was talking to the tech he said he’d recently been to the factory in Normal and the new builds only had a single 12V battery. Wonder if something in the software update was to support that and is causing (pure speculation)? He also said they no longer have Meridian speakers 😏
Interesting about the single 12v battery in new builds

OP
OP
Tucker74

Tucker74

First Name
Tucker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation