Sponsored

Vampire drain - what's the latest battery % loss people are getting?

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

can folks who have vehicles comment on how much battery percentage they are losing overnight when not plugged in? im wondering if things have improved or not with all the various s/w updates Rivian has been making. if you wouldn't mind sharing your VIN range, that would be appreciated.

i know some folks were seeing 2-3% loss overnight, that seems like a lot.

TFL is saying a service technician told them 3-12% battery loss over a 24 hour period is normal depending on weather. if that's true, that sounds crazy.
Sponsored

Last edited:

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I can go overnight without losing anything. I see more fluctuation from temperature variations (1-2% up or down).

It really does seem to be vehicle-dependent. Some have awful vampire drain. Others don't.

It's funny, because my R1T has a TON of issues... But not vampire drain and my powered tonneau still works.

joelster

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Since I am laid up due to an injury, my truck is just sitting in the driveway. It looks like if I am careful to not wake the truck I am seeing about 1% (2 miles) per day. If I am not careful and I leave the app open on my phone, I think the truck wakes every time I am in the kitchen and then I see more like 3%, maybe more. I am still running version 2022.47.0.

The truck hasn't been driven in a couple weeks. I want to get it to update and then see what the numbers are after that.

OP
OP
dleewla

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

I can go overnight without losing anything. I see more fluctuation from temperature variations (1-2% up or down).

It really does seem to be vehicle-dependent. Some have awful vampire drain. Others don't.

It's funny, because my R1T has a TON of issues... But not vampire drain and my powered tonneau still works.
haha, first world problems, huh 😉

thanks for the info.

OP
OP
dleewla

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

Since I am laid up due to an injury, my truck is just sitting in the driveway. It looks like if I am careful to not wake the truck I am seeing about 1% (2 miles) per day. If I am not careful and I leave the app open on my phone, I think the truck wakes every time I am in the kitchen and then I see more like 3%, maybe more. I am still running version 2022.47.0.

The truck hasn't been driven in a couple weeks. I want to get it to update and then see what the numbers are after that.
ok, that's good to know. thanks for that insight.

Sponsored

Riv I Am

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Awaiting R1T - GW/OC VIN 171xx
Occupation
Health care
Great post and good question. I watched the TFLEV video and this brought up some concerns for me regarding the vampire drain. Will be following this thread closely.

ajbrutman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, GTI
Clubs

Similar situation in my case

thedole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
Occupation
Brewmeister
I'm pretty consistently at 1.2% per day whenever I'm away. On a day to day basis it can be more or less during that time, but I'm pretty consistently averaging this. I don't keep track except when I'm not away for 3 or more days.

thedole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
Occupation
Brewmeister
FYI this has improved a ton for me as I wrote back in April last year. I was closer to 4% per day back then.

Click here to see
my early results

OP
OP
dleewla

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

whats your VIN range?

Sponsored

OP
OP
dleewla

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

what's your VIN range?

OP
OP
dleewla

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

I'm pretty consistently at 1.2% per day whenever I'm away. On a day to day basis it can be more or less during that time, but I'm pretty consistently averaging this. I don't keep track except when I'm not away for 3 or more days.
whats your VIN range?

OP
OP
dleewla

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

FYI this has improved a ton for me as I wrote back in April last year. I was closer to 4% per day back then.

Click here to see
my early results
thanks for sharing that.

what do you think has contributed to this improvement?
s/w updates?
changes to settings on the R1T?
changes to settings on the mobile app?
changes in your habits (like not checking the app)?

ORFynder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Rosie" the RIVN, Rav4 Prime
Occupation
Optimistic Advocate
losing 12% is not normal per Wassym @ Rivian

Rivian R1T R1S Vampire drain - what's the latest battery % loss people are getting? 1676061745738
Sponsored