First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Launch Edition, Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Business Owner
Im a lot more familiar with Tesla’s LKA than Rivian’s. My wife has a Tesla and I Drive the R1T. We live in Tampa area and I know of 2 roads within 20 miles of my home that I can use LKA.
I’m wondering if I’m doing something wrong or they really just don’t have it available on a lot of roads in Tampa area? Does anyone know?
And am I doing the correct thing in just pulling down the right lever two times, just like I do in the Tesla?
I don’t know the exact difference between LKA and Driver+, but I’ve seen 5 year old Subaru’s that have a great LKA where you basically don’t have to touch the steering wheel at all on a predictable road, it surprises me I don’t at least have that on most roads in the Rivian given all the technology it has. Am I missing something? I’ve dug through my settings and can’t find anything that I don’t have turned on but I could be overlooking it.
Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

I pretty much use it all the time as I’ve been hoping it would improve with software updates. It’s gotten only marginally better. I’m probably going to turn it off at some point.

0=====0

First Name
Rajan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
O|||||||O and R1S LE 0====0
Occupation
Engineering
This should not be the case if they are using GPS in addition to cameras and sensors.

Seems like either the GPS chip they are using is not giving lane level accuracy or the software does not have the lane level data.

OP
OP
mabowden

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
Are you saying you were trying to take an exit but NOT use your blinker, because LKA was telling you - You're supposed to use your blinker when exiting unless its an exit only lane.

Just checking, because I've seen so many people complain about their cars (not just Rivian) doing things they didn't like because THEY were driving badly. The system is programmed to follow the strict rules of the road and if you aren't obeying them, it's going to try to correct you. Lane changes without blinker - nope. Exiting without blinker - nope. Going across 3 lanes to the left because you're an idiot - it will try to stop you.
Exit only lanes, exit lanes where you have a choice between two exits, it doesn't matter, LKA would almost always engage if the exit lane had a reasonable curve to the beginning of the exit. It also reads the road incorrectly all day long.

R.Miller

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
HS English Teacher
I have changed my mind. I didn't think I would like it, but I took delivery today and I think I'll keep it on. The truck seems to anticipate the turn and it's like we are working together to get around corners. I have never anthropomorphized a vehicle before. I live in the mountains, so turns on inclines or uphill are constant; LKA feels like a universe apart from the experience driving my Silverado, but I think I like it.

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
I have changed my mind. I didn't think I would like it, but I took delivery today and I think I'll keep it on. The truck seems to anticipate the turn and it's like we are working together to get around corners. I have never anthropomorphized a vehicle before. I live in the mountains, so turns on inclines or uphill are constant; LKA feels like a universe apart from the experience driving my Silverado, but I think I like it.
Don’t anthropomorphize machines. They hate it.

technerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Bronco, 2022 R1T, 2021 Model 3
Clubs

I've disabled the LKA on all my vehicles, I find it more of a nuisance than a help. I'm fine with the other nannies, but LKA just never works how I want it, and I get tired of the warnings for nothing.

Big Dog Rivian

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Retired
I turned off LKA the first day. I called the service center, they did not know what the warning was. I figured it out myself. LKA is not responsive enough on curves. My commute to Grass Valley is 45 miles on extreme curves.

I read the most recent blog on LKA. How do I post my choice at the top of the page?

Hblock10

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Clubs

I shut it off for my drive home from work today.
Life changing. Love it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
mabowden

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson

sdemeester

First Name
Steeve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
infitnity
Occupation
physician
I asked Rivian guide who had no clue. Can anyone give specific instructions on how to turn it off? thanks!

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E, Arcimoto FUV, Repl: F-250/Model S
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

Lane Keep *ASSIST* as part of Highway Assist, I use. Lane Keep *WARNING* got disabled day one, it was so unreliable and "DING!"ing at every little movement (or not) in a lane. I should probably try it out again.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Lane Keep *ASSIST* as part of Highway Assist, I use. Lane Keep *WARNING* got disabled day one, it was so unreliable and "DING!"ing at every little movement (or not) in a lane. I should probably try it out again.
If you have highway assist on, you have lane centering turned on, not lane keep assist. LKA is an option that's only made available if you have the lane departure warning not off.

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E, Arcimoto FUV, Repl: F-250/Model S
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

If you have highway assist on, you have lane centering turned on, not lane keep assist. LKA is an option that's only made available if you have the lane departure warning not off.
Ah, Lane Centering, yes. That's what I have on. (Thought it was the same term in different places.) I have lane departure warning off since day one.
Sponsored