Site Sponsor
First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Occupation
We help people sell their Rivian in the easiest way possible.
Hi
Cannot hold my excitement. Need to share. Preorderd R1S Adv package Compass yellow with OC in nov 2020. Friends made fun of me to choose a sub by looking at internet picture and on top of it an yellow . I just went to my gut feeling and never thought one day it will become reality . Even my wife took it easy thinking that I won't buy it. When Rivian started delivering last year that's where it hit me that my SUV can be reality soon. My wife started do we really need it ,When I got guide assigned in Jan ,I was so excited but then she said delivery will be still in July to Sept 2023 timeframe. All the excitement had to go back to bed. Guide said CY with oc is rare so it might take some time .she suggested to change colors if I needed fast but my mind and soul was stuck to compass yellow with ocean coast decided to wait. Finally on March 11 th I got email that ,Lets Go.. 8 steps opened up . I dont remember when was last time I got excited that much . Jumped on it completed couple steps. Asked guide when can be delivery she said it can still take 6-8 weeks. Finally schedule delivery opened up on March 15 th and giving me option to pick up on March 18 at Richmond VA. Completed all the formalities and getting wall charger installed in that short notice was a challenge.

Finally when I arrived at Richmond Rivian center to take delivery, I must tell you I was blown out. Compass yellow exceeded my expectations. Even the delivery lady said she saw it first time in R1s. From taking delivery to drive back home it was getting better every moment. My friend came with me to Richmond ,He already made reservation for GLS Mercedes which is June delivery. He was also very impressed with Rivian quality and ride. From that moment it's only flexing moments only. Its such a nice feeling. Color is turning heads . It's not the bright yellow as it looks in pictures. It's kind mellow yellow.and ocean coast is so refreshing. Everything is paid attention to details. My wife and kids are so happy after seeing the SUV in that color. I remember talking to my wife about changing to RJ blue after Jan but again my mind and soul was stuck to compass.yellow so sticked to it.
My friend who came with me msg'd me that he put a reservation for R1s, he is rethinking about GLS 650.
As far reviews go I am still not there yet . So far what ever I saw and felt is absolutely top of the line
20230318_174851.jpg

20230318_154146.jpg

20230318_143525.jpg
You made the right call waiting on the yellow, it looks amazing!! Congrats!