First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90 T8
Occupation
photographer, real estate agent
I've been a fan of Weathertech floor mats for a long time. I've installed them in every car I've owned for probably 15 years or more. And after seeing the all-weather mats from Rivian, I inquired to Weathertech customer service about their timeline for producing their mats for rivian. Here's the response I received:

Thank you for contacting WeatherTech. We do plan to develop parts for Rivian vehicles.​
Access to this vehicle will be the only hurdle. If by chance are you local (Bolingbrook , IL ) ?​
If so, can I please have your contact information and is it possible that we could reach out to you for development purposes.​
You can fill out this form to be contacted when the product is available.​
Please fill out our New Product Inquiry form, and you will receive an e-mail when that product is available for purchase: https://www.weathertech.com/service/product-updates/
Best regards,​
Melissa Witt​
Email Assistant​
T: (630) 769-1500​

Anyone near Bolingbrook, IL willing to let Weathertech use your truck as a template for measuring?
Sponsored

OP
OP
ranieri

ranieri

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90 T8
Occupation
Also, it could be motivating for them to get a bunch of requests for rivian product updates...

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

A few of us are only a few miles from WeatherTech but we are in the May/June delivery window sadly.

If they don't have a vehicle by the time I get mine, I'd be glad to let them use it for measurement.

bhopkins

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I've been a fan of Weathertech floor mats for a long time. I've installed them in every car I've owned for probably 15 years or more. And after seeing the all-weather mats from Rivian, I inquired to Weathertech customer service about their timeline for producing their mats for rivian. Here's the response I received:
Thanks for posting this. I've filled out the form. For others that fill out the form, scroll to the very bottom of the list of manufacturers to find "not listed".

stynes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S LE
Clubs

I just asked this question in another thread. Not sure if you saw that or this was just great minds thinking alike. :) In any event, thanks for moving this forward!

Sponsored

OP
OP
ranieri

ranieri

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90 T8
Occupation
Ha! Hadn't seen it.

FWIW I am waiting on an R1S, but I figured it would be helpful for all of you R1T people as well.

Jac

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Volvo XC40, Honda VFR1200X
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

I sent an online inquiry to Husky Liners about whether they plan to offer a cargo mat to protect the area behind the second row in the R1S. (3rd row folded flat.) Haven’t heard back. The more of us with R1S reservations asking them the more likely they’ll offer one. Rivian doesn’t show an R1S cargo mat accessory.

huskyliners.com

OP
OP
ranieri

ranieri

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90 T8
Occupation
How are Husky liners compared to Weathertech? I'm not familiar with them.

Jac

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Volvo XC40, Honda VFR1200X
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

How are Husky liners compared to Weathertech? I'm not familiar with them.
I have never had either brand’s products - my Volvos have always had OEM cargo mats. Hopefully, others in the forum can answer based on real experience. I have read that Husky makes very durable liners and mats.

stynes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S LE
Clubs

Ha! Hadn't seen it.

FWIW I am waiting on an R1S, but I figured it would be helpful for all of you R1T people as well.
Also waiting on an R1S. May/June delivery, hopefully.

Sponsored

stynes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S LE
Clubs

Lil'Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE
Occupation
Product Support
I'm stopping by the WeatherTech factory store tomorrow. Now if someone would loan me their R1T.....

Harvest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, Rivian R1T Adventure Forest Green
Occupation
agriculture
I've had Weathertec floor mats and cargo mats on a Honda Pilot and a Honda CRV. Fit has been excellent, mats didn't smell at all, laid flat, had edges to contain spills, slush, etc. Only slight issue is color marking, but that would be hard to avoid with most materials. Generally I've been quite happy with them.

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
I've got WeatherTechs in my Avalanche. I will definitely use them in the Rivian.

Gamma rays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
How much does a set usually run? I have been using OEM mats on my Hondas, so have no experience with third party products.

GR
Sponsored