Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Yesterday. Heard a pop and later sounded like I was dragging a chain. Ended up realizing it might have been in the axle. Pulled the wheel off to discover the driver's front axle bolt was just completely loose in the wheel. Not driving the truck again until service takes a look at it.

Rivian R1T R1S πŸ™‹πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ What did you do TO your Rivian today?  πŸ§°πŸ”§πŸ“πŸšΏ PXL_20220520_233902308
Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Yesterday. Heard a pop and later sounded like I was dragging a chain. Ended up realizing it might have been in the axle. Pulled the wheel off to discover the driver's front axle bolt was just completely loose in the wheel. Not driving the truck again until service takes a look at it.

PXL_20220520_233902308.jpg
Let me say again, THANK YOU to all of the R1T early deliveries for working through a lot of the early delivery bugs and issues.

Hoping all of this helps identify build and administrative corrections to smooth out the R1S deliveries.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Nothing new, just took a weekly trip to forest....then I woke up.

Mike Hunt

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
I put some satin black vinyl in a couple sections of the tail gate to change the look just a little. I like it better with than without. Biggest job is removing the letters then reapplying after new adhesive installed on each letter.
Screen Shot 2022-05-21 at 4.48.17 PM.png
How did you go about taking the letters off?

Sponsored

OP
OP
abirozy

abirozy

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla model s, lexus gs 350 f sport, toyota corolla
Occupation
lawyer
Clubs

PXL_20220520_233902308.jpg
hope nothing serous

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

hope nothing serous
It's probably just an assembly quirk. If it were any other vehicle I would pull the whole hub assembly off and check everything myself, but Rivian needs to make sure whatever caused this isn't a systemic problem.

AltaTruck

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda RX8, R1T, Alta EXR (road) , Alta EXR (woods)
Occupation
Retired Science teacher
How did you go about taking the letters off?
Take a heat gun and CAREFULLY heat the letter. Use monofilament fishing line and slide it between the letter base and the metal in a smooth motion. Keep the line taught between your hands. It will come right off with zero damage. You may be able to reuse the adhesive, but I usually replace it with new 3M taping.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Take a heat gun and CAREFULLY heat the letter. Use monofilament fishing line and slide it between the letter base and the metal in a smooth motion. Keep the line taught between your hands. It will come right off with zero damage. You may be able to reuse the adhesive, but I usually replace it with new 3M taping.
If you do not have fishing line, dental floss works as well.

Sponsored

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

I drove mine to work. 😞

But, had fun at work!

Rivian R1T R1S πŸ™‹πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ What did you do TO your Rivian today?  πŸ§°πŸ”§πŸ“πŸšΏ D6935542-FB28-4B76-B21F-EEBF1BDB8A98

Last edited:

Cactus

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Feb 2014 Tesla Model S, June 2023 R1S
Occupation
Professor
Clubs

Let me say again, THANK YOU to all of the R1T early deliveries for working through a lot of the early delivery bugs and issues.

Hoping all of this helps identify build and administrative corrections to smooth out the R1S deliveries.
Yes, thank you early order holders and deliveries. Keep posting issues. Do any early Model S adopters remember when the rear bumpers weren't bolted on correctly?