Sponsored

What do you want addressed in the next OTA update?

R1S88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I would love to see some more work on garage door opener compatibility. Many on the forum have reported they still can't get 318 mhz (simple no rolling codes or learn buttons) openers for commercial/multifamily doors and gates to work. These operate fine with Homelink and the manufacturer is on the approved list in the Rivian manual.
Sponsored

wicked2112

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback & CrossTrek
Occupation
Warranty & Product Integrity Manager - Yakima Racks.
Clubs

Interior Ambient Color Options - like in Mercedes.
Weather Info App
Web Browser
YouTube
Other Apps

Last edited:

Luckydwg

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5
Love to see text messaging, apple music, other apps like youtube, netflix etc… Also be nice to see the battery percentage as well as the range on the driver display.

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
Love to see text messaging, apple music, other apps like youtube, netflix etc… Also be nice to see the battery percentage as well as the range on the driver display.
Well the last part of your request is there already. You just have to go into the settings and enable it.

Sponsored

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
Have been driving the truck for 3 months now after driving a Model Y for a couple years. Everything has been great and it has been exceeding expectations. My #1 issue is the timing of the activation of the brake lights. Seems that brake lights only come on when accelerator is completely released, making it nearly impossible to drive smoothly and still alert drivers behind you that you are slowing down. With the amount of regen, I would expect the brake lights to come on as the truck slows. It also doesn't help that the actual brake lights on the tailgate are tiny and not very bright in the daytime. I have nearly been rear-ended countless times. Never encountered this in Tesla, their brake light activation seemed to be more momentum/accelerometer based rather than pedal position.
I read this, this am, so I checked mine while driving around. I would call the activation just about perfect with mine with high regen setting. It doesn't annoyingly over do it, which causes drivers behind to get agitated like people who ride brakes. But does come on with about what I call appropriate regen. Maybe something is off with your truck, however this is executed, causing yours to wait too long to come on?

Mousetrap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Anyone know if there's a way to mute the mic on a phone call from the steering wheel?

The button I'd expect to do it hangs up and I haven't figured out a way besides reaching to the far side of the screen to hit the mic button.

If not, then that's my top request after dashcam 😉

AdamUCF

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
June 2022 R1T
Have been driving the truck for 3 months now after driving a Model Y for a couple years. Everything has been great and it has been exceeding expectations. My #1 issue is the timing of the activation of the brake lights. Seems that brake lights only come on when accelerator is completely released, making it nearly impossible to drive smoothly and still alert drivers behind you that you are slowing down. With the amount of regen, I would expect the brake lights to come on as the truck slows. It also doesn't help that the actual brake lights on the tailgate are tiny and not very bright in the daytime. I have nearly been rear-ended countless times. Never encountered this in Tesla, their brake light activation seemed to be more momentum/accelerometer based rather than pedal position.
I'm pretty sure you can two-foot it and trigger the break lights while not slowing down. At least according to the instrument cluster screen.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I'm pretty sure you can two-foot it and trigger the break lights while not slowing down. At least according to the instrument cluster screen.
The brake lights come on when they are required to based on the deceleration rate.

The legal requirements for brake light operation are;

Deceleration ≤ 0.7 m/s2: The signal shall not be generated
Deceleration between > 0.7 m/s2 and ≤ 1.3 m/s2: The signal may be generated
Deceleration > 1.3 m/s2: The signal shall be generated

AdamUCF

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
June 2022 R1T
The brake lights come on when they are required to based on the deceleration rate.

The legal requirements for brake light operation are;

Deceleration ≤ 0.7 m/s2: The signal shall not be generated
Deceleration between > 0.7 m/s2 and ≤ 1.3 m/s2: The signal may be generated
Deceleration > 1.3 m/s2: The signal shall be generated
I'm pretty sure they implemented it such that the lights come on under those rules OR when the break pedal is pressed. ICE vehicles function based on the break pedal too.

Sponsored

JerseyGreens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S ADV
Occupation
CAT Property Underwriter
I'm pretty sure they implemented it such that the lights come on under those rules OR when the break pedal is pressed. ICE vehicles function based on the break pedal too.
Exactly...when we coast in an ICE the brake lights don't pop red...

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Absolutely, the brake pedal works as normal. I was only addressing the question about slowing and them coming on with the accelerator pedal action. You do not need to remove the foot for the lights to come on using regen.

cthelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Regen in Rivian is strong. There is no coasting, when pedal pressure is reduced you are slowing down in a hurry. This catches drivers behind you off guard and it is my opinion that brake lights need to activate sooner.

JerseyGreens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S ADV
Occupation
CAT Property Underwriter
Regen in Rivian is strong. There is no coasting, when pedal pressure is reduced you are slowing down in a hurry. This catches drivers behind you off guard and it is my opinion that brake lights need to activate sooner.
I'm all for having a safer vehicle and it's a great idea but I'm sure they are just following the law when it comes to this aspect.

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
I have been told by multiple Rivian employees that "we read all the forums".. so in order of importance:

1) Get vampire drain under control
2) Text to speech for incoming text messages, and speech to text for outgoing text messages.
Sponsored