Sponsored

What do you want addressed in the next OTA update?

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

Better looking instrument cluster design and overall look. Mode dependent too. If in sport.....look sporty...if in off road....look off road....put appropriate data on instrument cluster to mode also.
I second this, with data tailored to each mode. Sport mode with more of a track inspired readout with battery/motor temps etc.
Off road modes which show vehicle pitch/yaw, torque levels being delivered on a corner by corner basis, as well, some way to show physical movement of each wheel as well. (Torque guage similar to drive modes video by Rivian, but non rotating wheels have red outline around that specific wheels guage)
Sponsored

AltaTruck

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda RX8, R1T, Alta EXR (road) , Alta EXR (woods)
Occupation
Retired Science teacher
I never realized how much I used the odometer and trip meters until the Rivian. They really need to be on the driver's screen for an instant glance. Thumbing through menues on the center screen takes your eyes off axis and the road for too log. It is not safe. Please remedy this Rivian.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

Has anyone yet suggest Rivian support Carplay?
🤪

Jarico75

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model Y, Camry Hybrid
Clubs

Sponsored

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Only if you have other hardware (like a myQ). Would be nice to fire the integrated opener via voice.
Quicker to do two clicks on the display IMO.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Quicker to do two clicks on the display IMO.
Yeah, it isn't that cumbersome and not a major issue IMHO. The biggest issue for me, is that I have a dirt/gravel drive that is prone to developing potholes. Hitting that soft key twice while bouncing up the drive is less than ideal, even for a passenger. And I'm too impatient to just wait until I'm at the door.

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
I'd like some custom memory slots for various equalizer setting I like for different music types.

Wefty

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 2008 Fit
Already Exists
Please explain. Does it require a smart garage door opener? I have asked her to open my garage door that is programmed into my R1T and she couldn't do it.

Thanks

Sponsored

Jarico75

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Please explain. Does it require a smart garage door opener? I have asked her to open my garage door that is programmed into my R1T and she couldn't do it.

Thanks
It does require a smart garage door opener. I use a brand called meross. You link your meross account to Alexa and you are good to go. I have two garages and a gate programmed in and it works very well.

Amazon Link
https://a.co/d/0gmOWDx

Jarico75

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Only if you have other hardware (like a myQ). Would be nice to fire the integrated opener via voice.
Agreed. I haven't ever used the integrated opener. It didn't exist when you and I took delivery of our trucks. The Merross add-on is $40 and is super easy to install.

Voronbrg

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Everything
A lock button on the screen would be great. I don't want to unlock all my doors to lock them.

140 degrees

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3, Rivian R1T
Clubs

I'd like to be able to enable the WiFi hotspot from the app. I have a location where my phone service is spotty, but the Rivian hotspot works reliably. It is inconvenient to walk to the truck to turn it on, especially when it will turn itself off again in a half hour. I think even a marginal phone connection would work well enough to start or restart the hotspot.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I'd like to be able to enable the WiFi hotspot from the app. I have a location where my phone service is spotty, but the Rivian hotspot works reliably. It is inconvenient to walk to the truck to turn it on, especially when it will turn itself off again in a half hour. I think even a marginal phone connection would work well enough to start or restart the hotspot.
If you put the truck in camp mode it keeps the hotspot on.
Sponsored