Sponsored

What do you want addressed in the next OTA update?

CiaoMuff

First Name
Ciao
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T (silver/21s)
Occupation
Retired
A PARKING LOT MODE button on the main screen header. PLM would put the Drive Mode in a similar-to-SNOW mode, but would not change any other setting (ride height, regen, suspension). It will automatically go back to the previous Drive Mode setting when vehicle goes above 10mph.
Sponsored

Karen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
64c.impala, 75mgb, 93D.Dakota, 00Jeep,14 QX70,22R1
Clubs

Since while driving, the right side steering wheel controls do not control anything, I would love to be able to control the climate control on the steering wheel - right side scroll: push to turn on/off; right and left paddles: to change temperature. It is very difficult to change the temperature while driving and keeping your eyes on the road and trying to tap the correct little icons.
With that being said, being able to set ac vs. heat at any temperature. Being able to scroll up or down to set ac/heat/vent. When it is 40 degrees outside, setting the temperature to 68 deg. it is still set on ac. I don't want ac when it's 40 deg. outside. 72 deg. is too hot for me in the cabin. If I turn off the ac to just vent, it's just outside ambient air being pulled into the cabin. It's not 68 deg.

HighVoltOverland

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GW/OC R1T | Tesla MY | Jeep Wrangler TJ
Occupation
Retired-ish
Clubs

Since while driving, the right side steering wheel controls do not control anything, I would love to be able to control the climate control on the steering wheel - right side scroll: push to turn on/off; right and left paddles: to change temperature. It is very difficult to change the temperature while driving and keeping your eyes on the road and trying to tap the correct little icons.
With that being said, being able to set ac vs. heat at any temperature. Being able to scroll up or down to set ac/heat/vent. When it is 40 degrees outside, setting the temperature to 68 deg. it is still set on ac. I don't want ac when it's 40 deg. outside. 72 deg. is too hot for me in the cabin. If I turn off the ac to just vent, it's just outside ambient air being pulled into the cabin. It's not 68 deg.
The right side controls are used when driving
That’s the whole driver+/ CC side
The scroll wheel is for follow distance and speed setting either a single mph for I click or five mph long click on the “paddles”

SSteveEV

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, etc
Clubs

It's been a lot of updates since I posted this but:

Onboard music loaded to my dash cam SD card.

Please, I'm begging for this now. My commute has a dead zone for anywhere from 5-20 minutes depending on the day and if TuneIn wants to buffer.

SSteveEV

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, etc
Clubs

Also, anyone else blinded by the back up camera at night?
Maybe that's regulated but it seems to not dim in line with the rest of the systems at night.

Sponsored

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

The scroll wheel is for follow distance and speed setting either a single mph for I click or five mph long click on the “paddles”
Related: I’d love it if the right side scroll wheel push-in/select action did 2 Driver+/CC functions…
If system was engaged but canceled then push to RESUME
If system is engaged then push to CANCEL

WattTruckMatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Two new ideas.....

Ability to lower truck from app...for example...parked at Home Depot at standard height....come out with cart...want to load stuff...open app....drop truck to lowest allowable height for easier loading.

Quick access button for user selected most used drive modes. For me....when I pull up to a stop light in a different country without laws....and a Model 3 happens to be also in front....press Sport button.
I like this idea. If not from the app, maybe once tailgate is open, click tailgate button twice to lower truck. That would be cool.

racekarl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Also, anyone else blinded by the back up camera at night?
Maybe that's regulated but it seems to not dim in line with the rest of the systems at night.
Doubt it's regulated because not all our cars do this, but it is clearly an intentional choice. Our Rivian and Honda do it and in both cars it's super annoying and counter productive, IMO. It blows out the image and makes it pixelated and grainy. More importantly it absolutely kills your night vision, making it so much harder to switch between the screen and mirrors.

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
I'm still patiently waiting for a menu screen that can bring up some of the data the vehicle is tracking like HV pack temperature (high, low, and average) HV battery voltage, 12V batt. voltage, drive unit temperature, etc...
Also a few road trips in warmer temperatures recently have highlighted that the route planner is massively conservative with charging stops. If I can make it home with 5% SOC without even using conserve mode then don't direct me to stop and charge. If Rivian indeed acquires ABRP hopefully they integrate our prefered charging option into the settings.

junkanoo

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura RDX, Suburu Outback, R1S
Occupation
Supply Chain Planning
When the car auto unlocks, hit the lock button again and the interior lights will turn off. Been meaning to try turning off auto-unlock to see if the lights don't turn on at all when switching to park.
Thanks for the tip.

Sponsored

SSteveEV

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, etc
Clubs

Doubt it's regulated because not all our cars do this, but it is clearly an intentional choice. Our Rivian and Honda do it and in both cars it's super annoying and counter productive, IMO. It blows out the image and makes it pixelated and grainy. More importantly it absolutely kills your night vision, making it so much harder to switch between the screen and mirrors.
It's been required on new cars in the US since May 2019. But I don't know how detailed the specs are in it.

The night vision killing aspect is what bugs me too. I put it in reverse, and as I turn to look out the back am blinded by the screen lighting up.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/20612...-now-required-on-all-new-cars-sold-in-the-u-s

racekarl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T

wwheelkid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Finance
What would I like to see - new R1T owner - June 2023...
Way points
Easier way to get the trip data and odometer.
When scheduling have a schedule time on - without having to schedule a time off - i.e. start at 1 am and don't turn off until desired % is reached.
Way less pressure to get the truck to backup when backing out of the garage for the first time - hard to do it smoothly. Also - hard to inch closer (smoothly) to something when parking in a tight spot.
Entertainment - featuring, Netflix - Youtube - XM - a few games etc
Driver+ enhancements - mentioned above - and more highways mapped.
CarPlay - especially Waze
Why no glove compartment...
Maybe crack the window when the door is open to help ensure a solid latch when closing the door.
More tie downs - in bed (not an app update but a I thought I would throw a few in here).
Update the sound of the blinker - i know controversial - but also this is a personal taste as well.

That's it so far...lol...heading off on a long road trip tomorrow and need to make a stretch of 215 miles - which may entail a long..very long chargering session as I would think I would need 92 - 95%. I may post about my trip on here - to help newbies like myself - to help ease a little..wouldn't say range anxiety but more charging availability/reliability anxiety.

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
I really wish when driving with the tailgate is down, that the overhead above the bed rear facing camera could be seen inside on the screen.

Karen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
64c.impala, 75mgb, 93D.Dakota, 00Jeep,14 QX70,22R1
Clubs

lol, thanks for the info. I don't use driver+, other than one click down on the rt steering column bar. I'm not a fan of giving up that much control.
Sponsored