Sponsored

What do you want addressed in the next OTA update?

NashvilleR1S

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2022 Pilot
Occupation
Cinematography
I would love to make gear guard videos password protected in order to delete.

I'm sure Valet's and car shop owners know it's there and they can easily delete things. Had my R1S in a shop and theres conspicuously about 2-3 hours of time where there are no gear guard videos. Not saying they did anything wrong, but it does seem like they could have easily deleted the evidence if they did.
Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
It's pretty low priority, but I would love to see a "Ramp Mode" where the truck raises the front end as high as possible while dropping the rear as low as possible to make loading things into the bed just that much easier.
The Carolina Squat(TM)

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

It's pretty low priority, but I would love to see a "Ramp Mode" where the truck raises the front end as high as possible while dropping the rear as low as possible to make loading things into the bed just that much easier.
I tricked my truck into doing this with a set of ramps under the rear tires and camp level mode. If you leave a door open it'll let you drive off the ramps without readjusting. Then I shoved the ramps under the front tires.

Rivian R1T R1S What do you want addressed in the next OTA update? 1679602744041

Rivian R1T R1S What do you want addressed in the next OTA update? 1679602760297

I think there's still a few more inches to be had here in perfect conditions but it really wasn't as much of a ramp down as I was hoping. Once we get some nice enough weather I'm probably going to put manual control on the rear dump valves and repeat this test in highest+tire change mode.

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
I would love to make gear guard videos password protected in order to delete.

I'm sure Valet's and car shop owners know it's there and they can easily delete things. Had my R1S in a shop and theres conspicuously about 2-3 hours of time where there are no gear guard videos. Not saying they did anything wrong, but it does seem like they could have easily deleted the evidence if they did.
Were the videos deleted or was gear guard just turned off? I know the Rivian SCs tend to turn it off when working on them.

NashvilleR1S

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2022 Pilot
Occupation
Cinematography
Were the videos deleted or was gear guard just turned off? I know the Rivian SCs tend to turn it off when working on them.
This was not at a service center, it was at a tint shop. There was definitely a gap in videos where I assume things were deleted. Maybe not....but it'd be nice to know for sure they werent.

Sponsored

JPC

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S Limestone - Forest Edge - 21"
Tidal should allow album browsing by artist. Seems like a real no-brainer.

Big_Ike

First Name
Ike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 MYP, '22 R1T, '23 R1S
Occupation
Parenting
Clubs

I would like to the see the blinker disengage after a completed lane change.

EzMev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Old SUV
1. Throttle at low speeds is difficult to control in tight spaces. A bad tap and you can lurch forward or back. Low speed handling seems wonky 1-3mph forward and reverse.
2. Regen needs a low setting in all drive modes, maybe a 33% reduction from standard
3. Obviously voice to text and text to voice
4. The blinker throws me off as well, I have ended up right-left-right-left blinking trying to turn it off. Not sure what the fix is, but I have not had trouble in 20+ previous cars I have driven since 17 years old.
5. The center screen virtual car map is somewhat useless. I can see the cars myself. The cars I cannot see are behind me. I get that the car is designed to drive like a driver to some extent, but I would be more helpful out of cruise control to see behind me...
6. The Rivian installed license plate holder impacts the camera in both forward and top down. That is quite a miss after 4+ years of waiting and double that testing...for a company with offices in states like CA w/ mandatory plates in front. How could they have missed that in 100,000 hours of testing?

Reactions: JPC

EVTrukHog

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Explorer, Corvette C6
Allow us to plug light accessories into the trailer hitch low voltage connection without triggering tow mode limitations.

jpmc86

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mercedes GLK 250, 2009 Mercedes E63
Occupation
Engineer
This one is annoying.

1. Allow you to set the default charging amperage.
Owning a Tesla, this is part of their simplicity. It stores in the car what amperage you default to charging (and is even modifiable on the fly via the Tesla App).
Rivian needs to get their stuff together, such a simple ask. I am tired of plugging in and having to bring it down every single time.

2. Every time you place the car in park, the cabin lights turn on. Even though the lights are set to turn on when unlocked only (and the car is not unlocked). There should be something that disables that.

Sponsored

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
I'd like a camera screen that shows both the overhead view and then also the side forward and side backwards views, all at same time. I like overhead for many parking situations, but also like to monitor the tire to curb distance. So not having to toggle all the time would be nice.

endress14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC 90 recharge
Occupation
TBD
1. Throttle at low speeds is difficult to control in tight spaces. A bad tap and you can lurch forward or back. Low speed handling seems wonky 1-3mph forward and reverse.
2. Regen needs a low setting in all drive modes, maybe a 33% reduction from standard
3. Obviously voice to text and text to voice
4. The blinker throws me off as well, I have ended up right-left-right-left blinking trying to turn it off. Not sure what the fix is, but I have not had trouble in 20+ previous cars I have driven since 17 years old.
5. The center screen virtual car map is somewhat useless. I can see the cars myself. The cars I cannot see are behind me. I get that the car is designed to drive like a driver to some extent, but I would be more helpful out of cruise control to see behind me...
6. The Rivian installed license plate holder impacts the camera in both forward and top down. That is quite a miss after 4+ years of waiting and double that testing...for a company with offices in states like CA w/ mandatory plates in front. How could they have missed that in 100,000 hours of testing?
4. just push the blinker the same way, i.e. if the right blinker is on push the stalk to indicate a right turn and it will deactivate

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
This one is annoying.

1. Allow you to set the default charging amperage.
Owning a Tesla, this is part of their simplicity. It stores in the car what amperage you default to charging (and is even modifiable on the fly via the Tesla App).
Rivian needs to get their stuff together, such a simple ask. I am tired of plugging in and having to bring it down every single time.

2. Every time you place the car in park, the cabin lights turn on. Even though the lights are set to turn on when unlocked only (and the car is not unlocked). There should be something that disables that.
There might be something wrong with your truck's setting or a software glitch. I've changed the charging amperage and it stays to that number until I change it again.

Hopper

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Launch Green R1T, 2022 Polaris Ranger NorthStar
Occupation
Retired Executive and technical writer. Board of Directors Fly Fishers International.
Fix the inability to wake the vehicle to unlock or precondition the cabin. This seems worse when I am at home and often takes 3-5 attempts, even when moving the phone to within 10’ of the R1T.
Sponsored