First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
Pardon my ignorance, but what does "tok" mean?
Many have play in their driveshaft/hub spline interface. With each change from power to regen, the play is heard with a "tok" noise. A click/clunk. Mine does it and it is less than ideal.

I liken it to the driveline play in our Jeep. But the Jeep is mostly always in a power mode and only engine braking when moving with other noises typically so not heard much if it all.

But when the Rivian is sitting at a stoplight for example, the last thing it did was regen, so the play is opposite of power. So as soon as you apply power, all the splines shift to other side and "tok"...click.....clunk.
Sponsored

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

We have now had our R1T for for two months and have driven it 2,500 miles. So far, so good. Reading all of these service debacles, we have become concerned that that we will have an issue that requires service. Our only issues so far have been software-related and have been solved over the phone. Of course, we are hoping for the best because we absolutely love this truck.

Hopefully, a significant increase in mobile service units will result in taking some of the load off the Service Centers. Rivian just has to address and solve this service backlog issue.

Brian

VNCR1S

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
IT
2months wait time right now at El Segundo, CA…..
Sponsored