Sponsored

What screws to fasten OEM Front License Plate Mount ?

PappaBolt

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Corvette, 911
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

I have the OEM front plate holder that was riveted to my front bumper. WA state requires these dumb front plates and the OEM mount was installed by the SC before I had a chance to explore alternative.

I just received my new plates (6 weeks from when I took delivery). Glad it went fairly quick compared to others.

Question: For those that use this mount what screws did you use to fasten the front plate?

I’m going to run with the front plate so let’s not debate going naked on the front bumper. I suppose I could drill out the rivets and replace the OEM mount with something like a SnapPlate. But OEM is what I have for now.
Sponsored

Last edited:

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer
I dont know the size but you could always just run by a local AutoZone or Advance AutoParts and see which screws fit the OEM one. I am using SnapPlate on mine and they include their own screws.

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
I have the OEM front plate holder that was riveted to my front bumper. WA state requires these dumb front plates and the OEM mount was installed by the SC before I had a chance to explore alternative.

I just received my new plates (6 weeks from when I took delivery). Glad it went fairly quick compared to others.

Question: For those that use this mount what screws did you use to fasten the front plate?

I’m going to run with the front plate so let’s not debate going naked on the front bumper. I suppose I could drill out the rivets snd replace the OEM mount with something like a SnapPlate. But OEM is what I have for now.
Please use whatever option doesn't screw holes into the front bumper :).

Other than that go to a fastener/hardware store with your mounting solution and someone will gladly help out.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
The question is about fastening the plate to the bracket, not the bracket to the bumper (as that has already been done), correct?

Did the OEM mount not come with fasteners for the plate? Any chance the SC forgot to pass them along to you after installing the bracket?

Sponsored

OP
OP
PappaBolt

PappaBolt

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Corvette, 911
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

The question is about fastening the plate to the bracket, not the bracket to the bumper (as that has already been done), correct?

Did the OEM mount not come with fasteners for the plate? Any chance the SC forgot to pass them along to you after installing the bracket?
Correct: What screws to fasten the plate to the bracket? None were supplied. Perhaps I should open a ticket to inquire if they were supposed to be provided.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
I would have expected that they would have been included but will be good to know if they aren't. And if not, you should easily be able to find something at your local auto parts or hardware store.

Milermore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S

I’m going to run with the front plate so let’s not debate going naked on the front bumper. I suppose I could drill out the rivets snd replace the OEM mount with something like a SnapPlate. But OEM is what I have for now.
I had almost exactly the same thoughts and question about the front license plate install in Oregon. I'll watch this thread for answers.

Lurksalot

First Name
doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Subaru, R1T
Occupation
none
Clubs

There should have been screws in the mount. I just got my plates and installed yesterday- both front & back mounts had screws. Half inch long sheet metal screws.

Sponsored

Plummer43

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Clubs

There should have been screws in the mount. I just got my plates and installed yesterday- both front & back mounts had screws. Half inch long sheet metal screws.
My front plate did not come with screws. The back did and were too big for the front.

Lurksalot

First Name
doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Subaru, R1T
Occupation
none
Clubs

I guess it's hit & miss. They gave me 8 screws to compensate for no 12v outlet in my trunk?

W1SE

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Bronco, 2018 VW Atlas
Occupation
Branch manager
Clubs

I’m going to run with the front plate so let’s not debate going naked on the front bumper. I suppose I could drill out the rivets and replace the OEM mount with something like a SnapPlate. But OEM is what I have for now.
If you go to the hardware store in the section with all the slide out hardware and specialty screws there is a drawer with license plate screws. They are wide and short. They got mine perfectly.

madgrey

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2016 Miata, 2015 Viper
Occupation
Hardware Design Verification
I like this setup for the ridiculous overkill factor. Security Torx + washer in stainless steel. Four of these mounting a plate looks pretty nice. This is not my R1T (still waiting for a plate) but I expect to do the same.

Rivian R1T R1S What screws to fasten OEM Front License Plate Mount ? screw

I picked these up at an ACE Hardware (in Burlington, but I bet most WA locations have them). I already have the tools but you can buy a 1/4 inch drive to fit, also at ACE.
Sponsored