Sponsored

What to disable/wipe/change prior to taking R1 in for 4-6 weeks of repairs??

nrrasmussen

First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S; Audi All-road Wagon; Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Consultant
Clubs

Unfortunately was rear-ended 4 days after delivery (everyone thankfully ok, and both parties civil!), and now, 3 months later, parts have finally arrived and I need to drop my R1 at the collision center for what they say will be 4-6 weeks for repairs (?!?!). Given how integrated the vehicle is with Alexa and other things like my garage, music subscriptions, phone contacts, etc, what would you do to prepare for handing your R1 over to another party for that long??? And would you give them the carabiner clip as opposed to the card? I just want to be smart about protecting our family's personal information, and truly appreciate in advance this community's thoughts and ideas! Thank you in advance for your input!!!
Sponsored

PowerBugs

First Name
Dru
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota
Not something I think about but my truck right now is on service for the 2nd time in almost 6mo of ownership. I handed my key fob and card. I only link my Spotify account but not Alexa.
I think you can disable your Alexa account on the Rivian remotely from the Alexa app, no?

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
The garage thing is only useful to them if they plan on coming to my house. I live in a pretty private area so then coming here isn’t too likely and we are usually home. That’s what the security system is for.

I don’t use Alexa because I don’t like the idea of voluntarily opting into a wiretap. As far as pins for home or work on the gps chances are the company will already have my address.
Sponsored