Sponsored

White House Electric Car Summit (no EV specific representatives)

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Will be interesting to see who is actually in attendance. Seems like a huge miss if Tesla or other EV specific manufacturers are not represented. There would be a lot of real experience that could shed some l ight on EV specific challenges.

Great to have GM, Ford and Stellantis there to speak of their plans and challenges. Seems like a whole segment with their combined knowledge garnered living in that space for the last 10 to 20 years not being there would be a shame.

Elon Musk says Tesla wasn't invited to the White House electric car summit, despite selling the most EVs in the US (msn.com)
Sponsored

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla XLR+2019, Lexus, Landcruiser, R1T
Occupation
EE Retired
Of course they weren't and Rivian wasn't either. If I say why I'll get a private message from the administrators warning me that political commentary isn't tolerated so you'll have to figure it out for yourself.

Caymanwent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover sport
Of course they weren't and Rivian wasn't either. If I say why I'll get a private message from the administrators warning me that political commentary isn't tolerated so you'll have to figure it out for yourself.
I assumed it was because they are wary of the association of EV’s with expensive luxury vehicles

Sponsored

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
In fairness, even if Rivian was invited, Peashooter would be on here complaining about them wasting time of publicity stunts and not focusing on production…. So there’s that….

Attesan997

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I assumed it was because they are wary of the association of EV’s with expensive luxury vehicles
That could be it, or they just want the UAW to feel like they have a stake in things. There are clearly more car companies that could've been invited but not that many more recognizable UAW shops.

OP
OP
SANZC02

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired

Sponsored

Cactus

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Feb 2014 Tesla Model S, June 2023 R1S
Occupation
Professor
Clubs

I thought it rather curious that the white house would host an electric car summit for manufacturers of predominantly ICE cars, excluding Tesla (and Rivian- but Rivian isn't a player yet).

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla XLR+2019, Lexus, Landcruiser, R1T
Occupation
EE Retired
It isn't curious at all. The White House press secretary explained it in so many words.
Sponsored

Last edited: