Sponsored

Will I be the only Rivian in New England?

rhesusraider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Impreza, '65 Mustang
Saw on another forum site that someone spotted an R1S in Chelsea. Anyone else spotted one there?
Sponsored

RivianNE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla 3 LR Dual|2021 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
As promised, here are some pics with my Roofnest Condor XL mounted up on the R1T. It overhangs about a foot, as I knew it would, but it fits my family of 4 + our small dog and there's no chance the smaller tents would do that. The boys aren't old enough to be in their own tent yet, so this is the best solution for us. The excellent design of the cargo bars make it a simple job to lift the tent on and off the truck with the help of an electric hoist that I mounted to the ceiling of the garage.

PXL_20220824_195430530.MP.jpg
PXL_20220824_201343631.MP.jpg

PXL_20220824_200333569.MP.jpg
Thank you so much and congrats for the truck!! Looks awesome.
Do you think bikes on a bike rack will be fine with the tent?

ElectrifiedOverland

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Porsche 911, Mercedes ML350
Occupation
Pilot
Clubs

Thank you so much and congrats for the truck!! Looks awesome.
Do you think bikes on a bike rack will be fine with the tent?
Thanks, loving it so far! We've been cramming in as many adventures with it as possible.

I don't have a trailer mounted bike rack, so I'm not sure if it would clear the tent or not. I think for short range trips or longer trips where I want to set a basecamp I'm going to install a ladder rack on my 5x8 utility trailer and mount the tent there so I don't have to fold the tent up each time we want to leave the campsite. I think that's going to wind up being the preferred technique unless we need the long range and improved off-road ability of mounting the tent on the truck.

RivianNE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla 3 LR Dual|2021 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Thanks, loving it so far! We've been cramming in as many adventures with it as possible.

I don't have a trailer mounted bike rack, so I'm not sure if it would clear the tent or not. I think for short range trips or longer trips where I want to set a basecamp I'm going to install a ladder rack on my 5x8 utility trailer and mount the tent there so I don't have to fold the tent up each time we want to leave the campsite. I think that's going to wind up being the preferred technique unless we need the long range and improved off-road ability of mounting the tent on the truck.
Makes sense. Thanks! We have been doing the same. 4000miles in the last 3-4 weeks and still planning other trips 😊

jwardell

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jwardell.com
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Clubs

As promised, here are some pics with my Roofnest Condor XL mounted up on the R1T. It overhangs about a foot, as I knew it would, but it fits my family of 4 + our small dog and there's no chance the smaller tents would do that. The boys aren't old enough to be in their own tent yet, so this is the best solution for us. The excellent design of the cargo bars make it a simple job to lift the tent on and off the truck with the help of an electric hoist that I mounted to the ceiling of the garage.

PXL_20220824_195430530.MP.jpg
PXL_20220824_201343631.MP.jpg

PXL_20220824_200333569.MP.jpg
Did you paint the inside of your 21s to match your truck? I love the look!

Sponsored

ElectrifiedOverland

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Porsche 911, Mercedes ML350
Occupation
Pilot
Clubs

Did you paint the inside of your 21s to match your truck? I love the look!
Thanks! I removed the aero inserts and applied a wrap from Twraps.com to the bare metal portions of the wheels. Very happy with how they came out.

jwardell

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jwardell.com
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Clubs

Well that part might have been easy but the insides must have been difficult to paint... [runs out to look] Oh, I never realized they are already lighter grey inside. Hah, well that certainly works perfectly for your truck! Maybe I go find some dark green plasti-dip...

TheIglu

First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
IT
Saw on another forum site that someone spotted an R1S in Chelsea. Anyone else spotted one there?
I saw one at the SC, took a picture, and posted it in the R1S section on this forum.

rhesusraider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Impreza, '65 Mustang
I saw one at the SC, took a picture, and posted it in the R1S section on this forum.
Thanks! Just found your post. Great picture! Looks like there is a 2nd one now because the post I saw was of a Forest Green one. Nice to start seeing them in the area.

riviansmoke

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X5, RX350, Accord
Anyone close to Concord NH with one? Only preordered a couple of weeks ago, but would be nice to see one in person.

Sponsored

SomervilleR1T

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
06 Chevy diesel, 1947 Dodge truck, MG midget
Occupation
Historic house steward
S video

SomervilleR1T

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Historic house steward
FYI

R1S’ in Chelsea on 8/25/22
- 2 El Cap
- 1 LA Silver
- 1 Forest Green

who’s drooling

SomervilleR1T

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Historic house steward
There’s a forest green S with 21’s in Chelsea!

SomervilleR1T

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Historic house steward
Ok, this is crazy! I was driving through a neighborhood near work and saw an R1S in the driveway, so of course I stopped and rang the bell. The happy owner (Will) of the R1S was told it is the first delivered in New England! It’s really great to see one in someone’s driveway.
Rivian R1T R1S Will I be the only Rivian in New England? 4F6E2E2A-1A46-4ACF-A45C-DEAA4A694C31
Sponsored