Sponsored

Will I be the only Rivian in New England?

ElectrifiedOverland

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Porsche 911, Mercedes ML350
Occupation
Pilot
Clubs

Anyone got a rooftop tent? Any suggestions?
we have a roofnest condor XL that I’m anxious to try out on the R1T, I’ll post a photo when I do. It’s huge and will overhang the bed but the two kids are just at that in between phase where they take up a fair amount of room in the tent But can’t quite sleep in their own tent yet. I’ve seen pics of the regular roofnest condor on the R1T and it looks like a great fit. We love ours, it’s comfortable and seems to be great quality.
Sponsored

RivianNE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla 3 LR Dual|2021 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
we have a roofnest condor XL that I’m anxious to try out on the R1T, I’ll post a photo when I do. It’s huge and will overhang the bed but the two kids are just at that in between phase where they take up a fair amount of room in the tent But can’t quite sleep in their own tent yet. I’ve seen pics of the regular roofnest condor on the R1T and it looks like a great fit. We love ours, it’s comfortable and seems to be great quality.
Thanks!
We have a similar dilemma. We have two boys, 3 and 7 and I don’t know if it makes sense to buy something big (4) that will not fit well with the truck or go with a smaller one.

ElectrifiedOverland

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Pilot
Clubs

Thanks!
We have a similar dilemma. We have two boys, 3 and 7 and I don’t know if it makes sense to buy something big (4) that will not fit well with the truck or go with a smaller one.
I pick the truck up tomorrow and will fit the tent up as soon as the cargo rails arrive so you can see how it fits. As far as the tent itself goes, we’ve camped with it a few times and it’s a bit larger than a king sized bed so we all fit, although we’re all on the smaller side so YMMV.

RivianNE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I pick the truck up tomorrow and will fit the tent up as soon as the cargo rails arrive so you can see how it fits. As far as the tent itself goes, we’ve camped with it a few times and it’s a bit larger than a king sized bed so we all fit, although we’re all on the smaller side so YMMV.
Have fun with the pickup! Thanks!

Sponsored

EdA

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3, 2012 Tesla Model S (formerly)
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Catching up on this thread. Sandy Hook is where I want to do my first off-roading whenever I get my R1T. Was anyone on the forum recently in North Falmouth, MA? Saw my first R1T in the wild there about 2 weeks ago.

SomervilleR1T

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
06 Chevy diesel, 1947 Dodge truck, MG midget
Occupation
Historic house steward
Catching up on this thread. Sandy Hook is where I want to do my first off-roading whenever I get my R1T. Was anyone on the forum recently in North Falmouth, MA? Saw my first R1T in the wild there about 2 weeks ago.
I was in Bourne looking for a Subaru with my recent college graduate :)
El Cap with crossbars down on the bed.

EdA

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3, 2012 Tesla Model S (formerly)
Occupation
Electrical Engineer

SomervilleR1T

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
06 Chevy diesel, 1947 Dodge truck, MG midget
Occupation
Historic house steward
@SomervilleR1T - this was a blue one on someone's property...
@EdA maybe it will be me next time. I float between Somerville, Waltham and Plymouth on a regular basis. A little trucks and coffee is in order as there are more and more R1T’s floating around.

Anyone want to throw something out and see if others can make it?

Sponsored

JGard18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adv, 2023 Volvo XC40 Recharge
Occupation
Consultant
So over the past few months, I've basically seen only 1 Rivian around. No idea why, but I just never see them. Last night, the wife and I had a date night, ate out in Concord MA, walked out of the restaurant and my wife got all excited. Took me a minute, but across the street was a limestone R1T. Then on our side of the street, a silver R1T. Double sighting, crazy. Sadly didn't see either owner, though. Shouldn't be long before I have mine...hopefully this week, but maybe a little longer.

RivianNE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
We brought the Rivian out for it’s first big family trip up to Garnet Hill in the Adirondacks. Even with the mountain bikes on the back we only made one quick stop to charge and grab some dinner to go on the 4 and a half hour drive up. One of my worries being a Tesla owner was the reliability and availability of non-Tesla chargers. In reality everything went very well. The car was ready to go before we were even though we ordered food ahead to take out. The Electrify America charger just on the edge of Albany worked as expected. It was a 350 kw. One of the benefits of EV chargers on a road trip is meeting fellow EV enthusiasts at the station and having a pleasant conversation.

The truck is also performing really well on the terrain around here (dirt roads, hills, lots of fun curves). It’s hard not to get overly ambitious about testing the limits as it makes rocky, bumpy roads feel relatively smooth and grips on grit like it’s just your average road. If you are looking for an adventurous getaway, Garnet Hill Lodge is a great option. They have a couple of ChargePoint chargers in their parking lot and offer a fantastic view as seen above as well as hiking, mountain biking, canoeing and cross country skiing on-site.

Rivian R1T R1S Will I be the only Rivian in New England? 1250B4E0-24C7-4C5A-8829-082F029051A4
Rivian R1T R1S Will I be the only Rivian in New England? EAB9F0E0-E439-431D-A6A8-14459259E01E

Last edited:

ShrinkDoc

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, VW Alltrack
Occupation
Psychiatrist
So over the past few months, I've basically seen only 1 Rivian around. No idea why, but I just never see them. Last night, the wife and I had a date night, ate out in Concord MA, walked out of the restaurant and my wife got all excited. Took me a minute, but across the street was a limestone R1T. Then on our side of the street, a silver R1T. Double sighting, crazy. Sadly didn't see either owner, though. Shouldn't be long before I have mine...hopefully this week, but maybe a little longer.
Took my daughter to central NY to visit colleges this weekend. We figured we’d see a few Rivians on Rt. 90 on a busy summer weekend. Saw a Forest Green on the way near Framingham and an LA Silver in Lee on the way back. However, we hit the jackpot when we spotted a trailer carrying 5 R1Ts (1 Limestone, 1 White, 1 Forest Green, and 2 El Caps) outside Springfield heading East toward Chelsea. Gonna be some happy folks getting deliveries soon :)
Rivian R1T R1S Will I be the only Rivian in New England? D034830C-2B65-4558-B86D-287CF6B92975

ElectrifiedOverland

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Pilot
Clubs

We picked up our R1T on Friday and wasted no time getting onto some dirt! Just some forest roads in Pawtuckaway State Park for now, but it's a start. Loving the truck so far, it's mind-blowing how good it is!

Rivian R1T R1S Will I be the only Rivian in New England? PXL_20220812_231900626.MP
Rivian R1T R1S Will I be the only Rivian in New England? PXL_20220815_000750001.MP
Rivian R1T R1S Will I be the only Rivian in New England? PXL_20220812_230832143.MP

p3ck

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Got my mor-ev approved today. Waiting for the check.
Question for you on the Applicant Terms and Conditions form. What is a signatory in this situation? Are they talking about a notary? I'm not sure what to put for Name of Signatory and Title of Signatory.
Sponsored