Sponsored

Will switching R1S to R1T cut delivery time significantly?

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Reserved R1S in January this year, so beat the price hike fortunately. Got a timeline of "2024" last month. Not exactly informative in terms of when in 2024... I mean they could at least guestimate the first or second half you'd think....

I'd be happy getting the R1T (again) if it would reduce my likely delivery window to something like Q2/Q3 2023. Is that a reasonable expectation?

Haven't been tracking the frequency and order proximity of R1T deliveries lately but surely they must be catching up. Are present deliveries happening for reservations mainly in 2021 now or still mostly 2020 orders? I reside a few miles away from the San Diego center so proximity is no problem.
Sponsored

JabstaFiend

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2017 Pacifica Hybrid
I would think that it would. It seems that for most configurations the majority of R1T orders are expected to be filled by Q2 2023.

popoga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG R1T, '18 Impreza, '10 Triumph Bonneville
Occupation
Potato Farmer
Clubs

I had an (optimistic, I think) H2 2023 delivery date for my R1S, which I'd pre-ordered in Nov or Dec of '21. I wanted to be sure to get the tax rebate, so swapped to an R1T a few months ago. Took delivery last Monday :)

The truck is fantastic, and while the SUV version might be a little more practical for my lifestyle, having the fun toy a full year earlier makes up for any difference.

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T

Sponsored

MichaelD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sprinter 4x4 camper van (170)
Earlier preorder, but switching was a huge benefit to my delivery speed. I was stuck at April-July ‘23. Once I switched, I was locked and had a guide in less than 24 hours, 8 steps 1 week later, pickup 4 days later (this coming Tuesday).

Antonio

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T MB/BM, 2023 Tesla model X.
Occupation
MD
I switched and was driving my T less than a month later.

OP
OP
LoneStar

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Well I switched to T Adventure, LA Silver, OC (dark wood) and 20 ATs. Figured that's a rather "middle of the road" configuration that should have a production run in the near future.

I will report back when my Est. Delivery value updates. It changed to "Processing" with the model switch

OP
OP
LoneStar

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Got the "Confirm your Configuration" email. I know that doesn't mean delivery is around the corner but certainly a sign of a greatly accelerated situation.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
Got the "Confirm your Configuration" email. I know that doesn't mean delivery is around the corner but certainly a sign of a greatly accelerated situation.
Yes it does. DO NOT do it until you talk to a guide though, you'll be getting another email with your Guide's contact info shortly. Shortly will be within the next couple days. If you want any extra accessories or something then you'll need to add those before confirming.

Sponsored

OP
OP
LoneStar

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

If I'm offered the R1T within a month that means the switch shaved a whole YEAR off the delivery time for a January 2022 reservation. My R1S estimation just said 2024. That's what motivated me to go for the truck.

stynes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S LE
Clubs

I went from confirm config to matching VIN the next day. YMMV. Mine was for an S and it was still nearly a month before I took delivery but confirm config is a very good sign. Good luck!
Sponsored