First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Self Storage
Time to take care of my R1S. Looking into window tinting, especially the roof. Tired of cooking eggs on my head.
Trying to find a reputable dealer here is SoCal is a royal pain.

This is what I have been told. Roof to be tinted with Formula 1 Comfort metallic film. (Owner of the shop was NOT a fan of ceramic tinting, citing his view that it makes the car hotter??) To cover the roof in this film: $775. Yikes.

Anyone have thoughts or suggestions? thank you
Sponsored

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
Talked to a Rivian service rep when I was checking out some colors at the Costa Mesa shop. He mentioned he has a R1T and did his tint at OC Tint Shop. Was satisfied with their work, said they are on the pricier side. He said he did it glass roof too with no problems. Even took it to Texas in mid summer with triple digits in temperature said it really helped with IR heat. Asked him about concerns with glass roof breaking with the tint. Said he'd heard of that happening even on Teslas, but that he had it done on a few vehicles and never had issues.

I personally used Protective Film Solutions for my Tesla tint and PPF. They do a lot of high end cars, on the pricer side, use XPEL products - I wasn't all that impressed with the turnaround or the work though. Had to have a few things redone (dust, bubbles, windshield wasn't properly cleaned before applying windshield tint, raised edges after a few days) and they didnt do a good job (or didnt to it at all) tucking in edges on the PPF even though advertised that they do that.

teddyang

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adeventure Edition, RB, BM, 21"
Clubs

Where in SoCal are you? I went to beach city tint in Manhattan beach, ask for Jeff. He did a great job. Got formula one Stratos on all window glass. Haven’t had any problems so far *knock on wood*
Sponsored