• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

With all the mayhem surrounding Tesla…

shesallthat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan EV
Is it taboo to mention them here?

Ah well, you had to know it was coming. Between the failures, people not being able to get out of their cars (whether they knew about the manual door or not), cars catching on fire, suspension just breaking out of nowhere, steering wheels coming apart, wheels flying off cars going 60 down the highway..

How do you feel about trusting the integrity of Porsche’s Macan? I haven’t heard any troubling issues from Taycan users and for the issues they did report, I’d hope they would take that into consideration and test for those issues before release but…

Would love a general discussion on how you feel about it all?
I’m feeling great about never having bought one or having an interest in doing so.

grizzler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
4 years with 2 taycans no real problem, one heater got replaced. Expect the same from my ordered macan.

BigV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911S, MacanS, Tesla M3
Country flag
Is it taboo to mention them here?

Ah well, you had to know it was coming. Between the failures, people not being able to get out of their cars (whether they knew about the manual door or not), cars catching on fire, suspension just breaking out of nowhere, steering wheels coming apart, wheels flying off cars going 60 down the highway..

How do you feel about trusting the integrity of Porsche’s Macan? I haven’t heard any troubling issues from Taycan users and for the issues they did report, I’d hope they would take that into consideration and test for those issues before release but…

Would love a general discussion on how you feel about it all?
I’m feeling great about never having bought one or having an interest in doing so.
We had one of the first Tesla M3s that came out of their “assembly tent” in 2018. The wheels and suspension held up well, but the fit and finish was awful. The Taycan is a totally different comparison. Fit and finish on our MY24, was great, Porsche takes the cars out on a shakedown track before tightening the suspension. And, after 4 years into the model line, the software and the app actually work very well together.

Have just over 6,000 miles on mine with zero issues. BTW, the Taycans air suspension is awesome, compared to the rough ride (especially in the back seat) of the Tesla.

OP
OP
shesallthat

shesallthat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan EV
4 years with 2 taycans no real problem, one heater got replaced. Expect the same from my ordered macan.
I love to hear this. I’ve been wanting a Porsche since my college days. One of the salesmen actually took me to one of their racetracks and let me drive on the track. Changed my experience completely.

When it came time to buy one and I heard about there being an EV option (at this time, it was the Taycan) and that Porsche was planning to make a Macan next, eventually phasing out the ICE vehicles I decided to wait.

Now all the talk about this hate for EVs and the technology constantly upgrading so the EV would be “worthless” within a few years kind of makes me anxious about purchasing. Compounding with the current market, news about a lot of EVs sitting and not selling, as well as waiting on it to go into production doesn’t make it any easier..

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
Now all the talk about this hate for EVs and the technology constantly upgrading so the EV would be “worthless” within a few years kind of makes me anxious about purchasing. Compounding with the current market, news about a lot of EVs sitting and not selling, as well as waiting on it to go into production doesn’t make it any easier..
EV getting trash talked is nothing new and not going to stop anytime soon - especially with the latest Tesla announcement re: superchargers, fueling uncertainty about NCAS.

And the tech will fundamentally keep evolving, batteries will become lighter and faster to charge, the latest demos are wild (Polestar 5 for instance).

The Macan will devaluate just like the Taycan did: because it’s a Porsche, because it’s an EV and because it’s a car. There’s no going around it.

If you plan to keep it for more than 2-3 years, that won’t matter as much as the devaluation curve will be kinder to you after then.

If you’re ok with all that (I am), it will most likely be a fantastic ride for the next several years. And when you (I) decide to trade it in, hopefully things will be more stable/mature.

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3 LR '21 - Macan 4 on order
Country flag
Tesla M3 LR owner here, seriously evaluating a Macan 4 EV. Lot of talks about EV (HW and SW issues, quality, catching fires, etc) but I made 97000 km in 3 years with no problems at all (and I live on the Alps so temperature could be an issue).
My Tesla M3 was my first EV and I decided to not look back to ICE cars anymore.
Evaluating also a MX or a MS plaid but the Macan (also for its dimensions) has something more IMHO and since I spend more time in my car than at home I think it could be more satisfying.