Sponsored

Would love to see an R2M ('M' for minivan)

mkg3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unagi, Radio Flyer and Kette Car
Clubs

The interior looks like seats from 1st class international flights.

New corporate limo definition.
Sponsored

SSteveEV

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, etc
Clubs

I was also sad to read it was one market only.

As someone that initially questioned my dad for buying (vs his last 3 leases) a minivan as soon as all his kids were 16+, I absolutely loved tetris-ing two full sized reclining sofas and shipping them off to college senior year.

Two! On the inside!

Rivian R1T R1S Would love to see an R2M ('M' for minivan) AF-U54602151-600x420

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
If they build an off-road minivan on R1T chassis, I would buy it. It's time to make minivan great again.
They do. It’s called the R1S. SUVs are now de facto minivans. Minivans have low floors and high roof. That’s what makes them easy to get in and out of. You can’t have inherently low floor and high ground clearance in the same package. Variable height suspension can only accommodate so much. Design and engineering can do amazing things but are still bound by physical rules. It’s not black magic.

OP
OP
duessell

duessell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T and Chrysler Pacifica PHEV
They do. It’s called the R1S. SUVs are now de facto minivans. Minivans have low floors and high roof. That’s what makes them easy to get in and out of. You can’t have inherently low floor and high ground clearance in the same package. Variable height suspension can only accommodate so much. Design and engineering can do amazing things but are still bound by physical rules. It’s not black magic.
7 in of ground clearance would be fine for me and I would definitely appreciate the easier entry versus climbing into my R1T.

Also, sliding doors are the best. I don't know of any SUVs with sliding doors.

HaveBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S DMP Max, Lifted GX470, APR Audi A7, BMW 325Ci
Clubs

I think the buzz is the only van that I would consider. Probably has something to do with growing up in one. I had a girl friend with a Chrysler mini van. It was super practical and could swallow volumes that no suv could but it was a really uncool vehicle.

Rivian R1T R1S Would love to see an R2M ('M' for minivan) vwbus