First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
All companies are tightening up their workforce which is what was obviously going to happen after the years of 100% employee favored discourse. During the pandemic getting employees was the number one concern for most places.

That worm is turning and companies are willing to tell their staff to increase productivity or find a new job because the labor market has some good people in it. As an employer I like to see a decent labor pool but it also means the crazy spending that boosted my bottom line is winding down.
Sponsored

milliemc

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
retired
Clubs

Normal, IL and Chicago, IL are about 130 miles apart. Winters can be quite different, mainly due to the weird effects of Lake Michigan.

I grew up in Chicago (city limits, not suburbia) and went to college in Champaign, IL which is not far from Normal. And yes - living in central IL is not the most exciting place, but with low cost of living, hopefully these newly transplanted engineers can both live large locally and save significantly for an early retirement. That said, small college towns can have a lot of charm and decent enough culture to keep one entertained, happy, and sane. Chicago is also a short drive for a livelier weekend getaway.
Normal is a sweet place--at leastitI was when we lived there years ago. Quiet, low key.

Aardvark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Model 3
Normal is a sweet place--at leastitI was when we lived there years ago. Quiet, low key.
I spend much more time in its Alternate Borough, also know as AB-Normal.

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer

pc500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
dodge ram
Normals great. I'm sure Rivian didn't want to be in CA -- they just had to be to get employees.
Sponsored