First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
As soon as I drove my R1 I knew for a fact ICE has numbered days. Believe whatever you want about climate whatever, or about the cost of oil. That's not why gas engines are going away. They are going away because EV's are better. Right now, today, EV's outperform ICE vehicles. They are quicker, quieter and have perfectly linear acceleration. One pedal is easier to drive and charging at home is nicer than gas stations.

Since they are genuinely better, it's only a matter of time until everyone realizes it. Every slow ass in a Dino wagon that tries to roll coal on me and gets straight up embarrassed when I zip away finds it out too. When a new technology is leaps and bounds better than the current one it's inevitable that the current one will be replaced. VHS to DVD to streaming services. Rivian is streaming and they are still rewinding VHS tapes.

Wyoming can be kind and rewind all they'd like but their tapes are going away just the same.
Sponsored

Thedude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
As soon as I drove my R1 I knew for a fact ICE has numbered days. Believe whatever you want about climate whatever, or about the cost of oil. That's not why gas engines are going away. They are going away because EV's are better. Right now, today, EV's outperform ICE vehicles. They are quicker, quieter and have perfectly linear acceleration. One pedal is easier to drive and charging at home is nicer than gas stations.

Since they are genuinely better, it's only a matter of time until everyone realizes it. Every slow ass in a Dino wagon that tries to roll coal on me and gets straight up embarrassed when I zip away finds it out too. When a new technology is leaps and bounds better than the current one it's inevitable that the current one will be replaced. VHS to DVD to streaming services. Rivian is streaming and they are still rewinding VHS tapes.

Wyoming can be kind and rewind all they'd like but their tapes are going away just the same.
Within reason, they are better. The limited range, lack of a good charging infrastructure and charge times are huge downsides.

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
If only they could find a way to monetize all that wind that they have. Hmmmmmmmm

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
Within reason, they are better. The limited range, lack of a good charging infrastructure and charge times are huge downsides.
Those are all problems of time and will be solved simply by having wider adoption. The capabilities of EV's are greater, and now it's just up to small improvements to take us the rest of the way. Infrastructure will come with demand. It already is growing now, with all the major manufacturers going into Ev's investments in charging are coming. Battery tech will improve now because more people are going to research it.

Since lots of manufacturers are going to compete for new EV marketshare one way to do that is to advance the tech. I have no doubt that EV's are going to be able to charge fast enough pretty soon to make the whole range thing moot.

Zorg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X
Better cars and better for climate change (yeah I said it). Win either way. I agree though: EVs win just on their own merit. The green impact is the cherry on top.

The additional benefit of EVs is that one can be truly energy independent with solar panels and back up batteries

Sponsored

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect

Wyoming’s last ice dealership could be a tourist attraction like the last blockbuster in bend, or. That same cowboy state newspaper also had an article about towns and businesses wanting more ev chargers for tourism.

NWCamper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Something, something
I have this vision of 2040 Wyoming. Not an ICE vehicle in sight. No one can buy one. Everybody riding cattle or horses. EV's banned.

I think they should support the whaling industry and demand whale wax for all the gas lighting...

Status
Not open for further replies.