First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Awaiting R1T - GW/OC VIN 171xx
Occupation
Health care
How many days did it take from getting your VIN until getting the call/email for delivery/pickup?

Got my VIN 14 days ago. Radio Silence so far. Just curious how long to expect.
Sponsored

ImAI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, R1T
about 3 days, but i flew to Bllomington/Normal and drove it back. I would still be waiting now if by train.

Hankenstein

First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Prius, 2023 R1T
Clubs

Jan 25th grabbed one from the shop, just got my email pickup message today. 16 days which is far less than the 3 weeks I have been claiming/complaining in these forums (I swear it felt longer). I can't wait to actually have a profile photo that contains an R1T.

NashvilleR1S

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2022 Pilot
Occupation
Cinematography
I'm on 21 days. It's been at the service center for 14 of those. Still awaiting inspection to be finished.

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
Rivian tells you 6-8 weeks, but typical is more like a month from what I read in this forum. Some deliveries can be really quick, for example if you got it out of the shop and it's already at your service center. Some can take longer if there are shipping delays or if your service center is backed up. Guides don't seem to have access to the details of where the vehicle is or when it will arrive. Guides can help you complete the steps, but they won't be able to tell you much, if anything, about when you'll get your vehicle until step 8 opens up - then they can help you schedule a delivery date.

Sponsored

Doug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Toyota Highlander Hybrid, 2002 Ford
Occupation
Business Owner
Back in late November we got one from the shop. From the time we picked it out and received the Vin to when we had the truck was just under two weeks and would have been sooner but it was delayed because of snow. The truck was shipped from the factory and inspected during that time. They delivered it to me about 150 miles from the service center.

OP
OP
Riv I Am

Riv I Am

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Health care
I shot a follow up message to my Guide. I just got this response:

“Your truck is scheduled to arrive in about a week or so. It will go throug final quality checks before being scheduled for pickup.”

I will post when I get the delivery scheduling call/email. Thanks for the responses. Sounds like I could have perused older threats to get an idea, but it is fun to hear the most recent estimates. Obviously, there is a lot of other factors at play. But good to get a general feel for what to expect.

PS on a random note, he also responded to my question about Apple Car Play. This does not add anything to the hundreds of posts on other threads already about this, but here is his response:

“I am not privy to any information regarding Apple Car Play developments, but if true that would most certainly be a welcome addition!”

OP
OP
Riv I Am

Riv I Am

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Health care
Back in late November we got one from the shop. From the time we picked it out and received the Vin to when we had the truck was just under two weeks and would have been sooner but it was delayed because of snow. The truck was shipped from the factory and inspected during that time. They delivered it to me about 150 miles from the service center.
I also live about 150 miles from a service Center, so this is promising

foxerson

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'10 Outback, '11 328i, '23 R1T
I am on day 20 since getting my VIN. My guide said to expect 3-4 weeks for transport. So maybe in another week or two?

Rivdog

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Also depends on where you live. People in the Portland, Oregon area seem to get delivery about a month after shipping. Mine shipped 3 days after I got a VIN while others had a VIN for several weeks before it was shipped.

Sponsored

madgrey

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2016 Miata, 2015 Viper
Occupation
Hardware Design Verification
My R1T took 24 days from VIN to a delivery notification, then another 8 days to take delivery.

OP
OP
Riv I Am

Riv I Am

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Health care
Also depends on where you live. People in the Portland, Oregon area seem to get delivery about a month after shipping. Mine shipped 3 days after I got a VIN while others had a VIN for several weeks before it was shipped.
Good points. Anyone here live in southern Utah and get delivery? Not sure if they’ll ship to Vegas (2 hr away) or SLC (4 hr away).

R1Tmcg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Clubs

7 weeks from VIN+guide assignment to pickup (tomorrow morning!) in PNW

OP
OP
Riv I Am

Riv I Am

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Health care
7 weeks from VIN+guide assignment to pickup (tomorrow morning!) in PNW
Congrats! Can’t wait to see it, very jealous!

GoWest!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback & R1S
I got a VIN and then BAM!…maybe a week later at best the note to schedule delivery which was surprising new math for 6-8 weeks. But I understand they’re just trying to get them out as best they can.

I drive by their “staging lot” a little too much and see a lot of Ts and a few Ss.

Portland is popping.
Sponsored