First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Six Miatas, Fiat 124, Dakota V8, Ridgeline
Occupation
Fun Car Parts
Is that under 5000 lb? how did it do towing that ?
Easy stuff. The combo of aluminum trailer and car under 4000 pounds, Ridgeline rated to tow 5000 pounds. And that trailer is so low resistance with the little sports car that I have to check the mirror at freeway speeds to make sure it is still back there. Real interested to see range on the Rivian with same load.

I lowered the Ridgeline with springs of my spec, added the Enkei wheels, etc. It is pretty efficient for an ICE truck, very smooth and easy on long trips. We drive to visit the wife's family often, leave 4am and go 554 miles in the Ridgeline and arrive before 2pm for late lunch with just one stop. That's part of the reason I did max battery pack for the Rivian, hope we can still do just one easy stop on the way for food and partial charge.

Rivian R1T R1S R1T & R1S Updated Pricing, Configuration, Specs. Dual Motor Now Available file

Reactions: Max

KingTodd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
This is an absolutely horrible way to treat those who bought into your company early on and supported your startup efforts. I'm 1000% out and look forward to watching this stock tank into the depths of obscurity.
so you joined a Rivian forum today just to tell everyone you are out? That almost sounds.....made up

RivRev

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
Only folks outside the industry think 20 percent is crazy, those of us in the auto parts industry are surprised it is not more. Our exhaust system factory DOUBLED the price on pretty much everything during the last two years, and catalytic converters are three and four and five times the costs of two years ago. All stainless and aluminum materials costs are up far more than 20 percent.
Sure, I'm in a business that has seen insane price increases as well. Everything has increased, and you can't even get half of the stuff either. Everything is backorder. I get the current climate. But we are not raising the price of our product 20% overnight with zero warning. Our product has increased about 10%. Maybe we have more margin than autos...idk. I can still be mad about it. Just like I get upset in my business when a supplier's price is only valid for 7 days and is 50% more than what it was in 2019 and won't arrive for 5 months. It's frustrating. But buying any car right now is frustrating. It's all frustrating.

Also, 7% inflation is a joke. It is more like 15%. And we are just getting started on this wild ride of printing $7 trillion dollars. It will be years before we recover from this.

I bet there will be more price increases in our future.

Sponsored

Zybane

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Raptor 37
Occupation
Military Pilot
That's like saying "Man, those Rolls Royce's are expensive when I can buy a Civic for 20k". Just because they achieve the same end result doesn't mean they are in any way equivalent products.

Not really the point. The point is a small stove, small sink and some cutlery on a slider drawer for $7K is ridiculous. Doesn't cost more than a grand to manufacturer that thing.

Riv240

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
T
With Tesla the price increases were swift, gradual, and only applied to future orders. Here Rivian has given the impression (I know, not a guarantee) to longstanding preorder holders, particularly LE holders within weeks or months of delivery, that their pricing will not change, then introduced a 15-20% increase at the last minute. That's a huge difference.
Yep, and when you do put in a reservation, people have locked in at the lower rate even though the prices went up, which is what I was expecting with our r1s reservation. They really should've said prices increases are effective after 3/1 or whatever. Unless something drastically changes, I'm out. As poor as Tesla experience can be, this feels somehow worse...

BPN_PNW

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda CR-V
Occupation
IT Engineer
This is disappointing. I'll need to rethink this - figured when I made my reservation and loaned Rivian a thousand bucks that pricing was locked in. I'll wait until my page is updated, then more than likely bail on this offer. I wonder if the Amazon Fleet managers also received the same notice that I did; an email about inflation, supply chain issues, etc. Probably not, I would wager. I may look into Fisker to see if they're a viable option or just get an interim hybrid at this point.

CO_R1S

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cadillac Escalade, Chevrolet 2500HD, Preorder R1S
Occupation
Engineer
When I preordered early 2019 the electrochromic (sp?) dimming roof was still a thing. The amount of things silently changed and removed has me questioning the overall integrity of Rivian. I am sure the engineers are miserable having to answer to the cost accountants and cut out awesome features left and right.

It will be interesting to see if they can maintain 80% of their sales with this 20-25% price hike, otherwise total potential revenue will be down which is an overall fail.

Sponsored

Forager

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Clubs

F*ck.

And people thought Ford pulled wool over their eyes for the Lightning.

Spiffster

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 (Sold), Ford Fusion Energi
Im keeping my LE R1S, but investors in RIVN beware. The company will be just fine, but I have seen this before... The bottom feeding vultures are gonna be circling tomorrow. Law suits will be announced only to drive the share price down. Standard procedure on WS these days. Announce as many suits as possible under the guise of protecting shareholder interest, but really serves to feed short sellers before evaporating into nothing. Its ugly as fuck but somehow legal.

Zybane

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Raptor 37
Occupation
Military Pilot
Sure, I'm in a business that has seen insane price increases as well. Everything has increased, and you can't even get half of the stuff either. Everything is backorder. I get the current climate. But we are not raising the price of our product 20% overnight with zero warning. Our product has increased about 10%. Maybe we have more margin than autos...idk. I can still be mad about it. Just like I get upset in my business when a supplier's price is only valid for 7 days and is 50% more than what it was in 2019 and won't arrive for 5 months. It's frustrating. But buying any car right now is frustrating. It's all frustrating.

Also, 7% inflation is a joke. It is more like 15%. And we are just getting started on this wild ride of printing $7 trillion dollars. It will be years before we recover from this.

I bet there will be more price increases in our future.
Most of the people in this thread voted for this.

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

Got the same for the R1T that I have on pre-order. In the configurator my price went from $80k and change to $90k and change. This is pretty drastic. I'm almost priced out.
My configuration: Adventure Package, Glacier White, Ocean Coast Interior, 22" wheels just went up $15K!!!!

I totally understand inflationary pressures, but $15K??? That is not acceptable RIVIAN. I may need to cancel my reservation and that is a huge bummer.

Update: I missed that the tonneau cover is now OPTIONAL and the power version is an additional $3K making my configuration now $18+K more!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

WTF RIVIAN!

Update #2: I take it all back. The new Adventure Package includes tow hooks which was really killing me before because I didn't want to pay for the underbody shielding. This makes me really happy so I'm keeping my order.

Update #3: Just kidding! This is totally still B.S.!

Update #4: Did I get the month wrong?? Is it really April 1st and not March 1st? Somebody tell me it's April 1st!!!!

Last edited:

tk21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Military
Clubs

Rivian R1T R1S R1T & R1S Updated Pricing, Configuration, Specs. Dual Motor Now Available E9797A3C-AEF4-4D16-9348-70F04D3E8AAE

I know it’s not long till my glitch gets fixed but my configuration price hasn’t changed *yet*
Sponsored