Sponsored

Southern Nevada Rivian Outventurers

Do you like to discover new trails and off-the-beaten-path locations around Las Vegas, and why not, around our neighboring States? Nothing too extreme but something that Tesla and other electric SUVs or trucks can't do.

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
RIVIAN CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views
pklomboy
What's going on my NV adventurers!? Sadly my windshield got cracked by a forest fire truck last month on the way to LA. Getting the windshield and tint replaced. Any of you had a good tint person they liked?
Show full message
  • Sad
Reactions: nomis
nomis
nomis
My brother in law is my tint guy, but his shop is in Reno. I can pass you along his contact if you happen to go up that direction.
pklomboy
pklomboy
Thanks Nomis but yeah thats too far! Although id like to go up there one day
Si.LE.R1S
Si.LE.R1S
I used DC Auto for windshield and sides. Did the triple layer ceramic on the sides, but they said they could only apply the single layer on the windshield.

Still feel a little warmth when driving directly into the sun. Totally happy with the with the other applications.

Curious to know who others have used too, and whether you’ve been able to apply something with better heat rejection.
Reactions: pklomboy
nomis
nomis
@Si.LE.R1S
Holy cow, triple layer? Did you do lighter percentage and layer them up? Very curious what the light throughput on that would be.
I have single layers of 5% on my back windows and thought it was pretty dark... I have 80% UV film on my front windshield. I was afraid of what the night driving conditions would be if I went any darker.
pklomboy
pklomboy
@Si.LE.R1S is this DC Auto Luxury Window Tinting in Las Vegas? I don't remember the name of the guy I used last time but I did a clear tint for the sun. The difference was amazing especially considering the Las Vegas sun.
Si.LE.R1S
Si.LE.R1S
Sorry. Just to clarify, I did the i3 ceramic which is 3 layers in 1 film. I did not go dark. I essentially put clear on the back, tinted 2nd row to match the back, and did 70% front sides and windshield.

Didn’t want to mess with Utah cops. But also a little better viewing for off road.
blackpanther
blackpanther
I used Elite Custom and Collision off Decatur Blvd. Absolutely great job. You can ask for SJ. In the past I also used Team Acme down in Henderson. They are good and honest too.
pklomboy
pklomboy
@blackpanther just made an appt with Elite. I couldn't get ahold of SJ but hope they do a good job!
pklomboy
pklomboy
Will call for quotes but I also heard XPEL Las Vegas was good but pricey. I believe they are a certified Rivian installer too
loudogz
If you're in Vegas, I highly recommend Mauricio at Kingdom Tinting LLC. He did both my R1S and Model Y. He is very fair when it comes pricing, probably the lowest in town. He did my all my windows, including roof and windshield. (limo tints).