Sponsored

YOUR VERY BEST Screenshots of R1T

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
Very nice. Thanks for sharing. I was considering R1T again but this one renewed my concern about potential parking problems with it. I will stick with R1S for now.

Rivian R1T R1S YOUR VERY BEST Screenshots of R1T 1645820122358

I will add this since 21" wheels rarely get any love from Rivian:

Rivian R1T R1S YOUR VERY BEST Screenshots of R1T 1645820332947

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 LE R1T, '21 CB500FA, '21 CMX1100A
What potential problems? It's barely bigger than the R1S and it's substantially smaller than the lifted F250s I see people parking in downtown Seattle all the time (I embarrassingly used to be one of those idiots).

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
What potential problems? It's barely bigger than the R1S and it's substantially smaller than the lifted F250s I see people parking in downtown Seattle all the time (I embarrassingly used to be one of those idiots).
It looks like in this photo the yellow R1T would not be able to park if there was another vehicle in front spot. 1.5' difference would give R1S a fighting chance.

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Look at the car behind him - that car is hanging over their line, and still the R1T could have backed up another foot, if they wanted to be a dick to the person behind them for parking like an asshat.

Sponsored

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Also, nobody is going to ticket you for hanging over a line like that. Seriously - actually look at parking jobs in cities, they're all awful.

Reactions: Max

Sponsored

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
Also, nobody is going to ticket you for hanging over a line like that. Seriously - actually look at parking jobs in cities, they're all awful.
Not worried about a ticket. You are correct about the awful parking jobs. Which is the point of driving a more manageable vehicle to deal with it.

Look at the car behind him - that car is hanging over their line, and still the R1T could have backed up another foot, if they wanted to be a dick to the person behind them for parking like an asshat.
That extra foot of space can be useful if you airdrop R1T or go back and forth 20 times to park. I have driven MUCH larger trucks than R1T. There is always a way to deal with their size but the question is if what you get out of that extra size worth the stress of dealing with the consequences.

My current truck has the same wheel base and length as R1S and it is already at the limit of my comfort zone for parking spaces in my area. And regarding “asshats”, they multiply much faster than the rest of the population and shorter vehicles make it easier to deal with them.

The epiphany I had about asshats long ago was that most of the ones I have met had no clue they were asshats. That made me realize I could very well be one of them. I have a feeling the larger the vehicle I drive, the more likely I will be viewed as one.

All that said I have considered F150 and Silverado and R1T and very well may end up outside my comfort zone but size of R1S remains an advantage for me. Just one person’s point of view. It is not meant to be a universal truth that applies to everyone.

Since I am derailing the intent of the thread, I promise I drop it at this.

Matty J

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW X7
Rivian Yellow at its best…

Rivian R1T R1S YOUR VERY BEST Screenshots of R1T DF9EE6FE-18F5-4B4B-8136-565F2CA17739